Security Installer Community

Another inherited ADT system!

Guest Malvolio

Guest Malvolio

I too have inherited a monitored //.National Installer.// system from the previous owner of my house, who didn't leave any info or even the setting codes. I removed the system several months ago due to a total refurbishment and am now contemplating reinstalling it. The panel is an Accord XPC which I would want to set up in a bells-only configuration. I've got the installer and programming manuals and I'm reasonably technically competent. I've installed new cabling for 3 door switches, 6 PIRs, two keypads and two panic buttons. So, my questions:

- Can I connect PIRs in parallel so that I can install these sensors on the Accord XPC 8 zone panel, or should I get another panel to allow one sensor per zone?

- Are the Accord XPC "Icon" keypads still available? I need an extra one if I'm going to retain the panel. Will other types of keypad work with this panel?

- Since I have pets, can anyone advise whether the //.National Installer.// fitted PIRs are likely to be pet sensitive? Which brand/type of additional pet sensitive PIRs would you recommend?

- After being powered down for several months, will the panel have defaulted to factory settings (codes and programming) or will they still be retained?

Many thanks

for a start NO you can not connect any zone in paralell as this means you need all the zones to open to cause an alarm

you can wire your door contacts in SERIS upto 10 on 1 zone , but i dont recomend this as fault finding can be tricky, also can be hard to find which one caused the alarm.

i would wire your PA's in seris thus making it one zone and you can tell which has activated due to it being pushed in .

the panel iam not familier with but other brands of keypad will not work, the programming will be retained even after being powered down.

and a type of anti pet or pet immune pir i would use is a cosmos pet made by rockonet

I too have inherited a monitored //.National Installer.// system from the previous owner of my house, who didn't leave any info or even the setting codes.  I removed the system several months ago due to a total refurbishment and am now contemplating reinstalling it.  The panel is an Accord XPC which I would want to set up in a bells-only configuration.  I've got the installer and programming manuals and I'm reasonably technically competent.  I've installed new cabling for 3 door switches, 6 PIRs, two keypads and two panic buttons.  So, my questions:

- Can I connect PIRs in parallel so that I can install these sensors on the Accord XPC 8 zone panel, or should I get another panel to allow one sensor per zone?

39020[/snapback]

No. PIR's should be on their own individual zone. Wiring them in parallel would not work properly either. As far as I know your panel is not expandlable beyond it's 8 zones.

-  Are the Accord XPC "Icon" keypads still available?  I need an extra one if I'm going to retain the panel.  Will other types of keypad work with this panel? 

39020[/snapback]

I think they are still available and only other accord keypads would be compatible.

-  Since I have pets, can anyone advise whether the //.National Installer.// fitted PIRs are likely to be pet sensitive?  Which brand/type of additional pet sensitive PIRs would you recommend?

39020[/snapback]

They are more than likely not 'pet friendly' sensors.

Optex, Rokonet and Texecom seem to have had good reviews for their 'pet friendly' range.

-  After being powered down for several months, will the panel have defaulted to factory settings (codes and programming) or will they still be retained?

Many thanks

39020[/snapback]

The panel 'should' have retained it's programming but may have defaulted.

If it has reatained it, it can be defaulted.

your welcome

:)

If you don't know......ask.

Guest Malvolio

Wow folks, that's what I call instant feedback! Thanks for your replies.

Looks like I need to think about getting a new panel with more zones.

cheers

• 1 month later...
Guest quarky
Wow folks, that's what I call instant feedback!  Thanks for your replies.

Looks like I need to think about getting a new panel with more zones.

cheers

39047[/snapback]

No you dont need a new pannel it can be double knocked its not advisable but as long as you know which pirs are double knocked you can fault find as for pets go for vipers a vibro sensor as apposed tp pirs

No you dont need a new pannel it can be double knocked its not advisable but as long as you know which pirs are double knocked you can fault find

44257[/snapback]

Why advise it then?!

I would consider this bad advice.

If you don't know......ask.

Archived