Security Installer Community

optima xm6

Guest philly

can any help my alarm went off for some reason and it seems the it had disabled the control panel.it has 3 lights on power,attack and tamper.but its not doin any thing else.

cheers phil

from what you describe it would appear that a panic button cable has been cut hence "tamper" and "attack" are illuminated.

have you had any carpets put down or being decorating and possibly cut/damaged cable? if so find cables and join together colour for colour. if in doubt find an local alarm engineer and get him to fix it for you. if you post your location someone on here may be able to help.

the optima will "lock out " until all zones are clear and then you will need to press the reset button

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

from what you describe it would appear that a panic button cable has been cut hence "tamper" and  "attack" are illuminated.

have you had any carpets put down or being decorating and possibly cut/damaged cable? if so find cables and join together colour for colour. if in doubt find an local alarm engineer and get him to fix it for you. if you post your location someone on here may be able to help.

the optima will "lock out " until all zones are clear and then you will need to press the reset button

paul

37785[/snapback]

no carpets have been put down the alarm just went off for no reason,and this mornin the control panel has just locked it self...

phil

Could be where a cable runs under a carpet across a doorway, they don't last that well under there! Best bet would be to call your engineer or post your location on here and we'll see if anyone is in your area.

Could be where a cable runs under a carpet across a doorway, they don't last that well under there! Best bet would be to call your engineer or post your location on here and we'll see if anyone is in your area.

37813[/snapback]

cheers for the replys guys will ring up service engnieer tomorrow...just out of interest could someone have tamped with the outdoor cables???or can this only have been done inside the house??

There shouldn't be any cables outside the protected area, i.e. you shouldn't be able to tamper with a cable without triggering a detector of some sort.

I would suspect a genuine faulty cable rather than someone tampering with it.

Archived