Security Installer Community

External Sounder

Guest aechlin

It says to fit a diode and resistor in series with the tamper return if the panel is Irish. Now I havent tried this yet, is the Lyntek Nexus 8 Irish???

37192[/snapback]

I really don't think that that is the problem. It sounds like a tamper fault - the diode and resistor would be in place for the benefit of the panel, not the bell-box!

I really don't think that that is the problem. It sounds like a tamper fault - the diode and resistor would be in place for the benefit of the panel, not the bell-box!

37215[/snapback]

Not true,

Secoms latest elmdene bell requires 1k resistors in place from hol+ to bell trig and strob trig. Otherwise once triggered it wont stop.

Nothing to do with wot panel your using.

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Hi

I've used the AG8 with very few problems.

Try reconnecting the sounder to the panel. Disconnect all wires from the panel, go up the ladder and disconnect the battery jumper to kill the noise. Check your wiring inside the bell, and replace the battery jumper. You will notice the right hand LED will illuminate. Short out the test pins to make the Sounder activate briefly. Replace the lid and outer cover, and when you have screwed in the bolt sufficiently you will hear the click of the microswitch and after about 20 secs you will notice that the right hand LED extinguishes and the left one illuminates.

This indicates that the tamper cct is in tact.

Wire up the panel and test.

Hopefully this will cure your probs.

Good Luck!

Steve

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

Guest aechlin

I have now tested the unit at ground level (unfortunately not on site) by using a charged backup battery. My results are as follows:

All tests are with the lid removed. I definately know that the tamper circuit is closing with lid on and switch arm backed out against the wall.

Tamper switch closed, when triggered led 1 lit and sounder on. Trigger removed, led's alternate and the sounder stops - fantastic.

Tamper switch open, when triggered again, led 1 lit and sounder on, trigger removed sounder stops - even better!

Tamper switch closed and tamper wire removed from 0 volts, the sounder stays off.

Tamper open, again removed tamper wire from 0 volts, sounder on.

Removed hold off current and sounder comes on - which is expected of course.

I did the 1K resistor between hold off + and trigger and has made no difference.

So to sum up, works a bloody treat away from the panel by the looks of things!

Alistair :(

Guest aechlin

Ive connected the sounder to the panel with a short length of 6 core today.

With the 1K resistor across hold+ and trg in and out the bloody thing works absolutely fine. So the plan is, tomorrow I will test continuity between the panel and outside cable, because thats the only piece that has not been tested.

Alistair

:no::no::no:

tut tut tut

first rule of fault finding, if in doubt get your meter out!!

CHRIS

P.S. DID THE 1K MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Archived