Security Installer Community

How do i wire my Accenta G3 to the PIRs

Guest pbaron

:mellow: Hi

I have purchased a Accenta G3 Panel with remote keypad with Viper Primo PIR.s The part im stuck on is how to wire the PIRs into the zones on the board

I have the following

Zone 1 - Porch Entry/Exit

Zone 2 - Lounge

Zone 3 - Kitchen

Zone 4 - Landing

I dont use the Programs to set just type in my user code and omit the zone i dont want to arm.

How do i wire these up on the panel though

cheers

Paul

See the diagram below, this gives an example of how to wire the pir (colours may vary). But i would suggest sticking to one colour code and following through with the other detectors.

EG:

red +

black -

Green & White = Tamper

Blue & Yellow = Zone

Now at the panel you should have 4 zone cables each having 6 cores, if you`v`e followed the colour coding above then your Zone wires will be Blue and Yellow, simply wire the zone wires into the zone location you have choosen for each detector. Leaving the Zone links in place for the unused zones that are left.

Twist all the Reds together and then all the Blacks, and connect these into your AUX terminals, observing the correct polarities (Red to +, and Black to -).

Now all that should be left are the Tamper cables for each zone, take the zone 1 green wire and connect this to one of the Tamper terminals, now twist the white wire to the green wire of the next zone and terminal block it, then follow through until your left with just the white wire from the last sensor and connect that to the vacant Tamper connection. Basically your just creating a big loop that starts at the panel, goes to detector 1, back to the panel and feeding detector 2, etc, and ending back at the panel from the last zone.

That should be it as far as wiring the detectors goes.

Have fun.

post-11-1063390795_thumb.jpg

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

i know weird. Its got a connection labelled 1, then 2 the a unlabelled connecting screw..same for the rest of the zones it shows zones 1 and 2 together with a spare connection and so on if it makes sense

Hi

I have just brought one of these myself and would agree that it looks weird in the manual, but when you look at the panel all becomes clear. There are to connections per zone.

Glenn

Simply wire any of zone 1 wires to a zone 1 terminal, then twist the other wire to any wire from zone 2 and put these in the middle terminal, this should leave one wire which goes in the remaining terminal.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest kenny james
:lol: known as either an optima sl8c or optima compact g3, dont know why they didnt leave the connections to zones alone it does look abit confusing when you look at it. as explained by other engineers when connecting you have basically 3 terminals for 2 zones not 2 terminals for each zone, e.g if you use blue and yellow wires for zone connections (normal practice), then your first connections will go to terminal 1 and 2 inside the panel (yellow to 1,blue to 2) then when you wire in your next zone wires to the panel blue will go to terminal 2 and yellow to terminal 3 now when you have done this you have now wired up 2 zones in circuit then you follow on to terminal 4,5,6 and do the same thing again for your next zones,hope this explains.

Archived