Security Installer Community

Help with ADE Karizma

Guest trevor

I have inherited a Karizma system in my house, and I do not have qualified technician to call upon.

I know that this is a complicated system for an amateur so can anyone point me in the direction of a technician in the Sheffield area?

Failing that, can anyone confirm how I can reset the panel to the factory code?

Is it correct that ADE are no longer trading? What about spares (in particular the ID biscuits)?

PS Keep it simple!

B) Hi there

Just a quick thought is it the type with a red background on the diplay and an LED display only, Or has the display got full english text with the time and date on it.

Adrian B)

Hi,

ID alarm systems were once great for installing in larger premises because the zones could be wired using a single cable from the panel to one detector, then the next and so one, even branching off wherever you pleased. However there are better alternatives and I no longer fit them because fault finding is very time consuming.

To reset codes only: Power down sytem (mains + battery), remove any wiring or link from the aux tamper terminals. Using a piece of wire link the aux tamper terminal closest to the speaker output to P2. Power up system and enter default user code 0123 to silence. The eng code will now be 9999.

To reset the full system back to factory defaults do the same as above but link to P1 instead of P2.

ID biscuits can be bought from any decent security wholesaler. Try AA Security. I don't know how they'd price them for Joe Public, but I get a pack for £15. There are 10 in each pack and 3 different packs. Zones 1-10 come as one pack, 11-20 another pack, and then 21-30 an other. Obviously this can work out expensive but most domestic systems should only need one pack.

Programming is a peice of cake with the manual and a little basic understanding of the system. If you haven't got a clue about alarms then don't bother trying it yourself because if you get a problem you won't know where to start.

Good luck B)

Service Engineer

My opinions may not reflect those of my employer, managers, colleagues, customers, friends, family or pet rabbit.

Archived