Security Installer Community

whats the best system ?

Guest Mickie D

Now then, let's all calm down a minute.

This all stemmed from my original quote of

If you do really want the best available then you'd be better of getting someone else in to fit a complete system.

which wasn't in any way a comment on your abilities or expertise but a suggestion. It doesn't matter how many posts you have on a forum, you can either fit alarms or you can't.

I can do lots of things, but I can't do some other things. All I was trying to say was that there's a lot more to doing some things well than buying the correct kit.

Sorry if I offended anyone but you've obviously taken some of my comments the wrong way.

Guest Mickie D
Now then, let's all calm down a minute.

This all stemmed from my original quote of

which wasn't in any way a comment on your abilities or expertise but a suggestion. It doesn't matter how many posts you have on a forum, you can either fit alarms or you can't.

I can do lots of things, but I can't do some other things. All I was trying to say was that there's a lot more to doing some things well than buying the correct kit.

Sorry if I offended anyone but you've obviously taken some of my comments the wrong way.

35432[/snapback]

its not that m8 i am always clam its only a computer and the internet we all have alot more to worry about and i think you are probably very good in your trade.

but i have read alot of posts before i posted trying to get a feel and personally (without being a bighead (i swear) i run a successful forum) there is no point in you haveing a DIY install room if posts tell members to have it installed by a fitter.

i know you all want to make money and being a member here will do that as this site ranks very well in google :) (for the UK)

but jsut me personal feeling and no ill feelings but you should call this room "DIY installs... but you really need a fitter"

?

Well, sort of. You did ask for the best system, which isn't a DIY installed one!

Sorry, but some people just post anywhere irrespective of the room name, I was just offering advice to the topic\question, not neccesarily to suit the particular area it was posted in.

Right, now we've cleared up the misunderstanding do what Monteey said. The Texecoms are easier to find and to get info on as they are less of a mysterious trade only panel. They have a lot of similar features as the Galaxy and you can also get add on modules for them a lot easier than for the Galaxy.

I would advise you to get a panel first, (after looking at the Texecom website), so you can have a good read of the instructions so you have a good idea of what devices to attach to it and what it can do.

Guest Mickie D
Hmm well i dont really post on here to make money, not made any yet, but i guess im on the books so not that way inclined. However i would advise having a word with a professional to get ideas of your install etc, i would be happy to help with any advice you might need.

35435[/snapback]

thank you very much monteey

maybe a signiture like smart1's as his is very good it made me read it ;)

ok heres a few questions please

Texecom premier is this easy to get hold of could you recommend a seller ?

and i do have a bighead but i would still need a engineers menu would that come with this system... or is there a PDF i could start reading in advance (see thats why im confident i will do alot of homework ;))

Guest Mickie D

cheers guys :)

i will get a texecom premier as a fella on my site agrees with you completely :)

and 8 core for the isntall.

all i want is 6 zones

but want to get one front door and a back door in with it.

also i have started the re-wire for him and should i run my 8 core far as possible away from mains or is it not a problem ?

thanks in advance

Guest Mickie D

now we are talking :)

i was going to put 4 interconect smokes in for him anyhow... i have not added a smoke alarm to a security alarm before would they connect with the interconect or would they be special smokes ?

Two ways of adding smokes to an alarm.

First, and easiest, is to buy some Texecom 12V smoke detectors that can be connected to spare zone(s).

Second is to use standard EI smoke detectors with a relay base and connect the zone wiring into this.

Guest Mickie D

you have decided me on a texecom :)

thanks for all the help i will post some pics of my install and i take back all comments i made earlier your a great bunch and i am glad i registered :)

if you need free cable or help installing satellites give me a shout

and i will probably give you a shout when i get stuck... but i will install it and do it right aswell ;)

Regards

Mickie D

Guest Mickie D
I wont let me register on your forum, says been disabled by admin!

35451[/snapback]

yeah we had a guy who we let go from modding and we still aint heard the alst so i closed us up for a bit...

tell you what if its ok with the sites admin on here give me a PM with a username and password and i will make it happen ;)

Ok done :)

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Archived