Security Installer Community

Which ARC etc.?

Guest sens7

I am newly established soletrader in the industry, I've been self-employed for 18 months and spent the first year sub-contracting nationwide to a national firm, until deciding to take the plunge and go it alone in my local area(April 2004)

Up until I have only been installing "bells only"systems and systems on diallers.

With the impending EN regs coming in to force in October I am looking to gain NSI (Systems Silver) approval in the coming months and move in to installing monitored systems to get up to speed with competitors in the area and have a wider range of services to provide to potential customers.

I was hoping to get some advice from any of you that may have been in this position in the past, with some information on Inspectorate approval, what ARC to use, and how to get things moving etc.

P.s I've just joined and this is my first post so hello to all the regulars!

Regards,

Steven Lesiakowski

Sensetec

Welcome to the community Steve, hope your doing well in your new venture and good luck at gaining NSI Silver accreditation.

As for ARC`s I can recommend GRB Security, we have used them for the last few years with no problems at all, and the staff are second to none.

Here`s the homepage: GRB Security

G.R.B. Security Limited

Premier Business Park

Queen Street

Walsall

West Midlands

WS2 9NT

Tel: 01922 611 214

Ask for Gary.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Thanks very much for the recommendation, I'll give them a call as I'd like to get things moving after christmas.

Anyway Thanks again for the help.

Guest Peter James

Hi Sens7

Welcome to the forum and ditto dave with the good luck.

If you need any advice or help this is a good source, anything I can help you with?

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the welcome!

Basically as I said before having only set out on my own at the end of April (2004) I feel that with the way the industry is moving (EN regs etc.) now is a prime time to get the above in place and offer a more competitive package to potential customers.

I've had a recommendation regarding the ARC from Dave but if you've got any advice on ARC'S, NSI approval (systems silver) and generally getting things moving in the industry as newly established business it would be very much appreciated.

regards,

Sens7

Steven Lesiakowski

Sensetec

I've had a recommendation regarding the ARC from Dave but if you've got any advice on ARC'S, NSI approval (systems silver) and generally getting things moving in the industry as newly established business it would be very much appreciated.

Pete will sort you out, and with a few more posts under your belt might even grant you access to his NSI forums.

But keep GRB in mind. They are good and offer very competative rates.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived