Security Installer Community

Castle / Pyronix Euro 46 Area set

I'm trying to get my head around setting up a Euro 46 to do area set.

The scenario is a small factory that has decided to sub-let the upstairs of an office block. These will share a common lobby area.

I need to reconfigure the panel such that the tenants can only unset/set the sensors in their space (hence leaving the main factory set) but the factory staff and unset all the zones. 

The bit I don't get is.... If the tenant unsets the panel & then the factory staff arrive later...... what triggers the second entry/exit to cause them to enter a code to unset the main factory?

Also, the EURO46 has areas 0, 1, A, B, C D.    Whatis the difference between areas 0 & 1 and A, B, C, D?

Thanks in advanced for your help - I've installed many a panel in the past but this is the first time I've need to configure one for anything other than full set!

Adrian

13 hours ago, adrian41uk said:

I'm trying to get my head around setting up a Euro 46 to do area set.

The scenario is a small factory that has decided to sub-let the upstairs of an office block. These will share a common lobby area.

I need to reconfigure the panel such that the tenants can only unset/set the sensors in their space (hence leaving the main factory set) but the factory staff and unset all the zones. 

The bit I don't get is.... If the tenant unsets the panel & then the factory staff arrive later...... what triggers the second entry/exit to cause them to enter a code to unset the main factory?

Also, the EURO46 has areas 0, 1, A, B, C D.    Whatis the difference between areas 0 & 1 and A, B, C, D?

Thanks in advanced for your help - I've installed many a panel in the past but this is the first time I've need to configure one for anything other than full set!

Adrian

What you want to do is called partitions 

The easiest way to do this is to assign each zone to either set A or Ser B then give the customer a code that can only set that area 

• 11 months later...

Firstly, there is no difference between any of the 6 sets (or more on the larger panels), Its not like more basic panels such as the Veritas R8 and some older panels where the full set is often more restrictive and less configurable than other sets

I have not needed common lobby myself on any systems but am in the process of installing a job that needs 97 individual area sets plus 6 zones that will be "common" to 95 of those sets and the last two which are separate isolated sub lets

As nobody has actually answered the question yet I will come back and post my take on it for anyone else finding the thread in the future as I am sure you must have figured it out by now as its been almost a year lol

Edited by Ubermik

On 05/09/2022 at 10:06, Imnotshankled said:

What you want to do is called partitions 

The easiest way to do this is to assign each zone to either set A or Ser B then give the customer a code that can only set that area 

That doesnt actually answer his question though as he wanted to know how to program a common lobby which is included in both "levels" (they are called levels or areas on Pyronix depending on which setting method you use when programming (level set or area set)) and which only sets after each individual alarm is has been set

IE, if the area is a hall in a multiple occupancy dwelling with 4 flats, the first 3 flats ONLY set their own property, when the 4th and last one is set then it will ALSO set the "common areas", otherwise, if the first one set those the other 3 would trigger an alarm condition the moment they came out of their flat into view of a sensor in a common area

Edited by Ubermik