Security Installer Community

Powermax (Visonic)

sparky83

Our company has never touched these panels before so just reading the manual before I get to the job tomorrow morning. Can't see anywhere in the manual that tells you how to default it. Are there some reset pins on the PCB? Is there anyway of just defaulting the engineer code without a full reprogram of the system? Also how often are batteries replaced in PIRs, because it says in the manual they will last for 'several years'? Thanks in anticipation! Mark

Trade Member

Thanks for your help, went ok. It was on default engineer code so that was that sorted. Dont like them though, the idea of it being plugged into the mains via a 3pin plug sucks and when I found out it was only held onto the wall by a little bracket I was ready to throw it across the room! Liked the door chime though sounds like a proper doorbell. Not impressed by the connections on the back of it. I dont think a professional installer could get away with fitting these but put it down to experience!

Trade Member

• 1 month later...
Our company has never touched these panels before so just reading the manual before I get to the job tomorrow morning.  Can't see anywhere in the manual that tells you how to default it.  Are there some reset pins on the PCB? Is there anyway of just defaulting the engineer code without a full reprogram of the system? Also how often are batteries replaced in PIRs, because it says in the manual they will last for 'several years'? Thanks in anticipation! Mark

33416[/snapback]

never trust a panel that talks back lol

never trust a panel that talks back lol

37420[/snapback]

Have a friend in Eire that has one of these; she was away in the states for 2 months came back to a 6000-euro phone bill. No maintainer on the system and pays the ARC directly. Apparently the program says report all events and this instigates continued comms with ARC!

Jef

Customers!

Archived