Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier 24 Keypad Replacement

Hi,

We have a Texecom Premier 24 alarm with two keypads.  It was installed in 2005. 

Whilst the alarm has been very stable and reliable, we're finding that the silicone style buttons on the keypads are starting to degrade.  I know that the newer versions are more rigid buttons, and therefore I'm considering replacing the keypad in it's entirety.

Whilst I'm not an alarm engineer, I'm comfortable with basic wiring and I have the engineer code for the system as well as all of the manuals (including installer).  If I identify the suitable replacement keypad, is it a (simple) case of removing one and connecting the replacement?  It appears to me that all settings will be stored on the control panel, with very little that is local to the keypad itself.  Is that correct?

Many thanks for any insight.

Regards,

Nige.

I don't think that thread is suitable for reference being a different panel.

If you have a Premier 24 then you will be fine replacing it with the same keypad. It's been a very long time since they where supplied without the hard plastic covering as I said in the thread you linked.

You will need to replace the backplate but the fixing holes will be the same. Should ideally be in "Confirm Devices" when replacing/changing network components.

Has the system been serviced in that time? There are batteries that need periodic replacement and other checks you would normally be advised to do annually.

• Upvote 1