Security Installer Community

power cuts

Rich

ok, whats the definition of a trade member?

Surely someone who is a trade member would know about basics like battery usage?

33575[/snapback]

Someone who is a qualified security installer and is currently working in the trade and can prove it to the admin of this site

ok, whats the definition of a trade member?

Surely someone who is a trade member would know about basics like battery usage?

33575[/snapback]

I'm presuming that's directed to me, ME who is a security installer of about 12 years and never touched an alarm.

Just because you associate security installations with domestic alarm systems doesn't mean we all should know the in's and outs of an alarm.

I was quite confident that a battery BACKUP is supposed to take over in the event of a power cut so please don't assume what I know from your own interpretations. My original question was more of disbelief due to the amount of alarms that sound in my area after a power cut, which imo is far from normal.

• 1 month later...
did the system still have power while it was going off? some systems have options to program no audible warning,key pad sounder only or full bells i think.putting your code should have stopped it really if it still had power

37031[/snapback]

system couldn't anyhow had power if it was going off because it was in lack of it..

logical?

system couldn't anyhow had power if it was going off because it was in lack of it..

logical?

37072[/snapback]

sorry mate,dont quite understand that.anyway,what i meant was did it have power after the 10 second power cut,i.e. the mains power was restored but did it blow the panel fuse when it came back on.

Trade Member

I'm going have to give this anotherĀ  :huh: .

Don't you have batteries in alarms over there Keke\Georg\Georgahti\secret squirrell.

37104[/snapback]

Indeed we have. Reg's say 24 hour battery backup. Practically 99% of installers here don't know how to count proper size of the battery and 99% of customers do not know that the battery should be chanced sometimes so I guess usual backup time is something like 10 seconds..

• 4 months later...
Guest Sparking_mad

I thought panel batts and even sounder batts should be changed every 4-5 years and if it was a surge surely a surge protection filter could be fitted into the fuse spur.

Archived