Security Installer Community

Paxton/DSC integration

Hi all,

Has anyone tried integrating a Paxton Net2 Plus access control panel with a DSC Powerseries Neo (HS2032) security panel?  I've given it a go but have run into one issue.  The system is set up so that the user presents a token + Pin to the reader, then the door unlocks and the Neo panel disarms.  However, there is a ridiculous amount of traffic running between the two panels.  I get about 12 back-to-back messages every few seconds, even when the system is sitting idle.  Normally, I wouldn't care about this except that it's making the archive file HUGE.  It's now over 25GB after only three months.  I'm fairly certain the traffic isn't coming from the Neo panel as it's not listed in the events history.  The wiring is listed below along with a screen grab of the messages.  (I've blacked out the client's name.)  Any help given would be greatly appreciated!

Net2 Sense connected to Neo Zone 3

Net2 0V connected to Neo Zone 3 COM

Net2 COM connected to Neo Corbus GRN

Net2 NC connected to Neo Corbus YEL

image.thumb.png.c457067c36487d2936345a2156c9d0b3.png

im wondering if you have a bad connection on the plug/pcb/relay on the connection link it at the Paxton to see if the messages stop and work back from there to identify where its coming from

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Yes sir, I've done that.  The messages do stop.  I have three sites all set up identically and the issue happens at all three.  I put a jumper on the Paxton panel from 0V to Sense and the messages stop.  However, I can't find a record of all these messages on the DSC side.

Edited by Joshua613

• 3 weeks later...

I got it figured out.  Rather than wiring the Paxton panel to zone 3 on the DSC, I bought a DSC relay and wired the Paxton panel to that.  I then wired it to the PGM 2 and all is working correctly, now.  Thanks for all the responses, sir!