Security Installer Community

power supply

Guest acoolkat

Guest acoolkat

hello there i was wondering where i would connect the power supply wires if i wanted to connect a speech dialer for the following 9100 scantronic panel...

without out interfering with the bell as at the moment the bell outside rings if i connect to the OV(-ve) out put

pic1.gif

help much appreciated...

Kat

There's only 2 reasons why the bell would ring outside:

1- If it loses its Hold off voltage, 12v should be present at all times across the +VE and 0V(-VE) to stop the bell from ringing. Check that with a voltmeter when you connect the vocaliser and if it drops considerably then there may be a fault on the vocaliser that makes it draw too much current which would drop the output voltage across +VE and -VE. Cant remember off the top of my head if it uses fuses or thermal cutouts to protect the bell circuit.

2- If the bell trigger wire (the wire in -RINGING) is picking up a negative from somewhere else, i.e the Vocaliser being setup wrongly so that the channel input is a Positive applied for example. (options 71 to 74 of the engineer programming from the vocaliser) If your taking the trigger for the vocaliser from the -RINGING then you need to set the appropriate one to (0) for negative applied, which is how it comes factory set i believe. One easy way to test if this is why its ringing is to power the vocaliser up but dont connect the wire from the vocaliser to -RINGING in the panel.

In answer to your question, its probably best to not take power from the vocaliser from the +ve and -VE terminals at the bottom of the panel, but to take it from the terminals higher up marked 12V DC AUX, there's 2 terminals for positive and 2 for negative i think. if it helps theyre located above the 2 marked LS and below the one's marked AUX Z.

:wacko:

egg03064.gif

Archived