Security Installer Community

Chaging Bell Box's when LED fails

Guest Jlo

Hi All,

My alarm system was fitted with the new build of the house back in 1998. I had it serviced recently and a new battery fitted to the inside control box.

In the last couple of weeks I have noticed that the confort LED light has failed. I have decided to contact the alarm company and get a new bellbox fitted.

My question is if you have your alarm system on Maintance contract would you change the outside bell box just because the led has failed?

My feeling is as all the other houses (in the same close) are fitted with the same alarm, if my led is not working then I may have disconected the alarm. If I have a nice new shiny bell box then it gives the appearance the the system is well maintained and most likely used!

The old one is faded to and the new one will be screen printed with the alarm company's logo.

What are your feelings?

cheers

James

Thanks for your replies.

I have booked in to have a new alarm box fitted next Friday. The alarm was serviced about 7 months ago.

Thanks for your advice!

cheers

James

• 1 month later...
Guest kenny james
:D before you spend out on a new bellbox i would have your existing one checked out first because the led light you are talking about just do not go faulty for a reason it depends on the make of the bellbox it can mean you have a tamper fault or your battery is knackered, why pay out for something new when the old one isnt broke, why pay for something to get replaced if its not broken?.

Archived