Security Installer Community

The Power Supply

Guest RICHL

So no one else has heard about possible power cuts, and taken any measures for customer services then? Its just that my old man saw it on the news and went out and stocked up on candles! Dont forget though we have had power rationing before back in the 70's.

Regarding renewables - Im a bit of a hippy at heart and so I think these wind turbines are great. In fact Im all for sticking them all over.

Nuclear power is good way to produce basic needs of electricity.

Wind power is good when there is wind, but windmills produce relatively small amount of electricity.

Hydro power is good if you live in Norway.. This of course depends some rain (which, I have heard, you have there..? ). Good for temporary need of additional power (for example when people get from work and start to cook, or here when 2000000 saunas are switched on at five o'clock on Friday..)

Coal and Oil... Good for backuping nuclear power if they need to disconnect one rapidly due to service.. I personally don't like this method of producing electricity since its high pollution. Some can thou use also alternative fuel (like junk that burns) if it is mixed with coal.

Gas. As Coal and Oil, but doesn't pollute as much. Some could also be called clean.. Good if there is gas available in your country. If you need to import it from Russia for example ....

So no one else has heard about possible power cuts, and taken any measures for customer services then? Its just that my old man saw it on the news and went out and stocked up on candles!

30707[/snapback]

Well now we jjust had a power cut all accross Mmanchester who tipped you off

Jef

Customers!

I service a fire alarm at a land fill site where they produce there own methane gas from decomposing rubbish and use it to drive huge converted diesel powered generators. Not a hell of a lot of power created but its a start.

I also service a huge gas power station capable of producing 320 megawatts of power per unit, and theres four of them. thats enough power to boil 1.2 million kettles during the adverts in coronation street. maybe we should ban adverts and save power :P

Archived