Security Installer Community

NTE's and blanks.

Today, I've just been to a job where I fitted a dialler and yet again someone (dopey IT company) has plugged various items into the NTE. Obviously this comprimises the security offered by the line seize on the dialler. The NTE is a standard NTE5b (BT master socket with removable lower half and socket) but I keep seeing NTE5a (BT master socket with removable lower half with no socket)here and there and wondered if anyone knew of a source of these lower half blanks?

• 2 weeks later...
Today, I've just been to a job where I fitted a dialler and yet again someone (dopey IT company) has plugged various items into the NTE. Obviously this comprimises the security offered by the line seize on the dialler. The NTE is a standard NTE5b (BT master socket with removable lower half and socket) but I keep seeing NTE5a (BT master socket with removable lower half with no socket)here and there and wondered if anyone knew of a source of these lower half blanks?

30311[/snapback]

i know which u mean, seen a few of them on redcare installs etc, could always ask your friendly bt engineer nicely lol, u never know what might fall out the back of the van :D , i once got talking to one on a line swap on a redcare back in my intruder days and i ended up with a bag full of sockets and a drum of 4 core internal b cable, have you tried places such as mills who supply telecom gear, thier website

could always ask your friendly bt engineer nicely lol, u never know what might fall out the back of the vanĀ  :D ,

31786[/snapback]

Yep, thought that would be the answer, just wondered! I tried all the usual suppliers and nothing, not even as a non BT part.

I haven't managed to collar a BT bloke recently but it's on my list for when I do. ;)

• 1 year later...

I think I've found a supplier of these lower half NTE5 blanks. If anyone is interested in some then please let me know as there is a minimum order quantity and I'm not really convinced that I'll use 200 of them!

NTE5 Socket with blank detachable front Code = 314678

Yeah, but try getting one though on anything other than a new line, and even then it's not always a dead certainty that one will be fitted even if requested.

are you not using a type 80a /92a block terminal ?

Sometimes, depends on the application.

Yeah, but try getting one though on anything other than a new line, and even then it's not always a dead certainty that one will be fitted even if requested.

Sometimes, depends on the application.

You get whats in the the van

80b, get it right :whistle:

I bow to your greater knowledge :P

Archived