Security Installer Community

New Galaxy install - keyswitch shunt?

Guest miketubby

Guest miketubby

Hi,

I'm planning a Galaxy install in my house with the main control unit in the garage (3A smart PSU/RIO) plus 3 other RIOs... erm, I have quite a ot of zones...

One RIO is going to be in the downstairs loo by the front door (RIO 101) and I would like to use a deadlock with internal microswitch as a shunt (according to the installation manual cutting LK2 on RIO 101 enables this).

Problem is where to get a deadlock with built-in microswitch at a sensible price... infact the only deadlock that I have come acros with built in microswitch is the Chubb 3G114... do Union, Yale, ERA or anyone else make deadlocks with internal microswitches? If not, then where's the best place to buy a 3G114 ?

Mike

Guest miketubby
The Chubb lock is THE one to use and you should be able to buy them at most reputable locksmiths.

Hope you joinery skills are good as fitting a lock is challenging if not fun if youve never done it before.

29830[/snapback]

Thanks for confirming what I thought...

I've fitted a few mortice and sash locks before, just using a good chisel and a drill... you'd be surprised how good a sharp 10mm HSS bit is as a router to make that slot :D

I've found one place that sells the 3G114 with microswitch on the internet... :) www.locksonline.co.uk but they want £61.99+VAT which I thought was rather steep seeing as the same lock (sans microswitch) is only £33.00+VAT :(

Mike

£61.99+VAT is maybe a little bit over the top at retail (£5 cheaper maybe)but i would try ringing your local locksmiths.

Failing that (and ive never tried this) you could buy the basic lock and fit your own switches as i would assume the internal layout is the same needing the BA nuts and bolts only.

By the time youve sourced the switches and the nuts & bolts though it would be easier to get your hand in your pocket.

Archived