Security Installer Community

PC Psu Problem

Guest Peter James

check out www.autdirect.co.uk ,550w psu=£24.99

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest Peter James

Ok Im convinced that the problem is the psu was under rated I will purchase a good quality 550w psu on Monday.

Thanks for your input (excuse the pun)

Pete

When something is funny and its not meant to be... ie Pete was talking about "input" given from people on the forum, but this also is the same word that is used to mean input for the PSU (of which the input to the mainboard is not powerful enough...) hence it becomes a little joke through the use of the meaning of the words.

When something is funny and its not meant to be... ie Pete was talking about "input" given from people on the forum, but this also is the same word that is used to mean input for the PSU (of which the input to the mainboard is not powerful enough...) hence it becomes a little joke through the use of the meaning of the words.

28855[/snapback]

:lol: got it. had to read twice thou!! :lol:

At least 450w is required for optimum performance and stability of the higher end processors of today.

When you start adding stuff such as Platinum Creative soundcards, tons of hard drives and a Gaphics Card that costs just as much as the computer itsself is when you need something like a 550w.

However, im sure that the PSU would not just "go", as the computer would be able to cope, just struggle with a 300w PSU.

www.ebuyer.co.uk would be thebest place to get them from if its not urgent.

Red Fox | Hosting

Affordable and Reliable UK Based Web Hosting

I dunno Warren... ive had a AMD sempron 2800 with a 300watt power supply and it looked like it was going to boot as the fans came on and the hard disks started, but u know something aint quite right when the mandatory "beep" is muffled and slow.... seems there wasnt enough power to boot the 128mb graphics card and 3 peripherals.

Quick point to note about ebuer... great company (and based in Sheffield...yay!!!) but they no longer have telephone support so if there is something wrong you have to use their online RMA process, which is annoying and slow to say the least! Also they cant ever seem to get anything out next day, even if you pay the extra they really struggle. But saying that they are now the biggest online computing supplier in the country and they are very cheap... Also you will notice that you get european power supplies with almost everything you purchase... god knows why... 99% of the time this aint an issue as UK IEC leads are about £1, although when you get transformers with europlugs on its extremely annoying and all ebuyer do is tell you to contact the manufacturer!

<<Rant over>>

Archived