Security Installer Community

ADE Optima XM Alarm

Guest chucka

I have a Optima Alarm that was present when I bought the house severn years ago and I did have a engineer out about year ago to service the alarm .

Anyway I have a problem when I came home the wife said the alarm was activated thus I entered the code and all's was ok except when I try to enter the alarm code (In Day indicator mode) to exit the house it continually bleeps and Zone 4 Red LED is constantly on and this bleeps continually and the second tone bleep doesn't activates as before.

Thus on entering the alarm code Zone 4 LED is on how do I reset it or program it or omit this Zone 4 and set the alarm back to it's usaul behaviour .

Please advise on fixing this issue .

TIA

What ever is on zone 4 (window,pir,door etc) is seen as open by the panel.Check the device (does the pir light up , has the door contact still got 2 halves??).

You could omit it (code ,omit , 4, set) but you would have to do this every time, best to sort it.

Have you thought of calling out the guy who did your service, may help to keep aquainted :)

What ever is on zone 4 (window,pir,door etc) is seen as open by the panel.Check the device (does the pir light up , has the door contact still got 2 halves??).

You could omit it (code ,omit , 4, set) but you would have to do this every time, best to sort it.

Have you thought of calling out the guy who did your service, may help to keep aquainted :)

28349[/snapback]

Hi Fastcars cheers it worked the procedure below :

- omit it (code ,omit , 4, set) but as you said I have to do this every time .

I have checked the device the pir red light works when it detects movement .

there is no contact as it's in my kitchen and the only way into that zone (4) is through the Kitchen window .

Thus how do I reset zone 4 to program it that zone 4 is not open by the panel .

I assume that you also mean that the pir light detector device might be open as well .

TIA

Hi Fastcars cheers it worked the procedure below :

- omit it (code ,omit , 4, set) but  as you said I  have to do this every time .

I have checked the device the pir red light works when it detects movement .

there is no contact as it's in my kitchen and the only way into that zone (4) is through the Kitchen window .

Thus how do I reset zone 4 to program it that zone 4 is not open by the panel .

I assume that you also mean that the pir light  detector device might be open as well .

TIA

28466[/snapback]

Hi all

PIR motion sensors I know no senses changes When a person enters a room, the background temperature changes and it is detected by the PIR, which in turn sends a message to the control panel that this event has occurred.

I recall having some work done in the Kitchen area to Combi - boiler and Im awaiting the flue to be sealed by cement etc but I have but the rubber seal on now .

So I think that could of been the cause due to changes in ambient (background) temperature.

So How can I reset Zone 4 .

TIA

Archived