Security Installer Community

Wiring Flush Contacts Into Ricochet Wireless Contact.

totoro

The customer doesn't like the look of the wireless contact and I have been asked to fit a flush contact and wire it into the terminals on the ricochet wireless contact that's mounted somewhere out of sight. I've checked the installation instructions and it doesn't mention anything about how to do this, whether it requires resistors etc.

from memory I think the terminals are marked M1, C and M2.

Is M1+C zone then C+M2 tamper?

Whilst playing around with this I also noticed something, when viewing zone status I noticed if the zone status is active or tamper I can press reset and the status changes to secure, what's actually happening there?

Ade will confirm but I thought it was 2 zones using FSL?

> Appears to be 2 x N/C devices, assume one can be zone, one tamper, or any other freely programmable combo?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

They are just 2xNC contacts and show in the panel as 1-Zone.

You need to set the jumper on the panel/wireless expander if you want the second NC terminals to act as tamper or not (It affects all your wireless contacts).

They are just 2xNC contacts and show in the panel as 1-Zone.

You need to set the jumper on the panel/wireless expander if you want the second NC terminals to act as tamper or not (It affects all your wireless contacts).

Ah right, when the manual says they are 'programmable' that's what it means...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands