Security Installer Community

Installer required for Ilford and Greenwich

Guest nurserycam

Guest nurserycam

Our company NurseryCam Ltd (www.nurserycam.co.uk) installers CCTV and webcam facilities for day nurseries nationally.

Currently, we are looking for installers who could do the following in Ilford and Greenwich. No special qualification, and it would ideal for anyone who are looking for extra pocket money. If interested, please drop us an email. :yes:

When: now

Nursery in Greenwich, London, SE18

1) Installation of 2 outdoor camera, body camera with lens in heated housing supplied

2) Install at height about 15ft above ground

3) Connects the camera to the existing RG-59 and power supply cable.

4) Please quote for labour required for fixing the external housing with the camera at the position marked

Nursery A in Ilford, London, IG1

1) Installation of 4 outdoor cameras, 12-volts night vision bullet camera with 12 IR led supplied.

2) Install at height about 10ft above ground

3) Both RG-59 and power supply cable are pre-installed. However, the initial cable was at 2nd floor level. All cables need to be lower a floor down to about 10ft above ground.

4) Please quote for labour required for fixing the camera at the position marked and materials (materials can be supplied if preferred)

Nursery B in Ilford, London, IG1

1) To install RG-59 co-ax and 12V twin flex 1.0mm electric cable for 7 indoor and 1 outdoor cameras.

2) Two storey building: G/F 4x indoor and 1x outdoor; 1/F 3x indoor. Control unit in office on 1/F.

3) Both cables to be run from each camera to the control unit. Require separate individual cable for each camera. No cable sharing.

4) All cables do not need to be terminated at both ends. Please leave 2m tail at both the camera and control unit end.

5) All cables to be concealed in white trunking.

6) Please quote for labour for cable installation and materials (cables & trunkings. Materials can be supplied if preferred).

Guest wackygeezer

HI

I WOULD BE INTERESTED....IM BASED IN LEATHERHEAD...ON A3... IVE JUST LEFT //.National Installer.// AFTER 6 YEARS... IM SETTING UP ON MY OWN .HAVE FULL EXPERIENCE AND IM A SPARKS BY TRADE

CAN YOU LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD OFFER (RATES WISE) AND WHEN THE START DATES WOULD BE

personally i dont like the setup one bit....had a look at the website,as a parent with a child in nursery i would be very uneasy that someone could dial in and see my daughter playing etc without me knowing.....whats the privacy laws with this???

I can see your point, although the only people who should be able to see are other parents using the same nursery.

Still, I wouldn't fancy it either as I reckon it'd be fairly easy for unscrupulous characters to get hold of passwords etc.

If you don't know......ask.

thats true bri,but would you trust the other parents with your 3yr old daughter.. :no: they could be anyone....+these days there's a perverted basstard on every street corner :realmad: id take my kids out of a nursery that had one of these systems fitted..

I dont understand that aatitude, how do you deal with windows or people watching across the school wall or fence. Theyre a lot closer and can probably learn your kids names and other such personal info.

Surley being able to watch your kids on a webcam is like peace of mind for you and safer than the methods ive metioned above?

I apreciate you can never be too careful but i really dont see the harm.

I dont understand that aatitude, how do you deal with windows or people watching across the school wall or fence. Theyre a lot closer and can probably learn your kids names and other such personal info.

Surley being able to watch your kids on a webcam is like peace of mind for you and safer than the methods ive metioned above?

28651[/snapback]

I understand what you're saying Jef, but how many people that you need to worry about actually live in a close proximity to the nursery, compared with how many have internet access?

You may think 'what harm can watching do' and you'd be right, but it's something I just wouldn't like the thought of some kiddy fiddler being able to see my lad at nursery. On the other hand, I'd like to be able to see what's going on, if I had a child in nursery!

Tricky!

If you don't know......ask.

28651[/snapback]

but if someone was hanging around a school asking kids questions etc they would be spotted straight away,but someone could sit at a pc all day long looking at kids...just doesnt sound right to me..im all for schools having cctv but in house only, at least teachers have or should have had the usual police checks etc..

Guest Peter James

These people aproached us around a year ago and I was of the same mind as Gaz.

CCTV is important in these sort of places but I dont think it should be open for public viewing.

Pete

Guys if you you actually took a moment to work out how it works, you might also see the benefit as opposed to the negative's. The only people who are actually able to view the pictures are parents who have kids in the nursery, when their kids leave the nursery they loose access rights. In this modern world isn't it far better to be able to check on the your kids and the people who are being paid to look after them.

Just my opinion though, Colin.

Guys if you you actually took a moment to work out how it works, you might also see the benefit as opposed to the negative's. The only people who are actually able to view the pictures are parents who have kids in the nursery, when their kids leave the nursery they loose access rights. In this modern world isn't it far better to be able to check on the your kids and the people who are being paid to look after them.
Couldn`t agree more Colin.
All well and good until someone discovers how to hack into the system
Your right, but that can be said regarding many form`s of security.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Nothing is truly secure, but I can guarantee these guys will try and make these systems as secure as possible. OK mebe not go to the extent of strapping TNT to the incoming data links, like some paranoid companies I know!

If I was a parent I would welcome been able to check up on the people looking after my kids, as these teachers could be overstepping the mark with mmy children, so I would like them to know that whatever they do its on cam, then they will behave and act as they should.

All well and good until someone discovers how to hack into the system, as i said before i dont believe there is anything truely secure.

28783[/snapback]

how about static ip:s and iptables + username/password protection + network supervision.

Before you hack in you are hacked...

Best way would be VPN into their secure network, then access it through a secure web-browser. Then youve added different security layers.

28791[/snapback]

Indeed, but I guess Joe Public do not know about VPN or IPV6.. Also I bet that Joe Public has ignored virus checks and haven't updated windows ever.

That's why I talked only about "light" protection which doesn't need any understanding from end - user but is secure enough.

Could use Citrix Metaframe Powerview... this can work through a web-browser and is a VPN package within itself. But bloody expensive security option!

Better thoughts guy's :doub_thum_up:

Far better to make suggestions as how to make something better, rather than pick it appart. Look at some of the things manufacturers take on board about the panels and detectors. Perhaps the original poster will want to come back on and post how they operate the concept.

Better thoughts guy's :doub_thum_up:

Far better to make suggestions as how to make something better, rather than pick it appart. Look at some of the things manufacturers take on board about the panels and detectors. Perhaps the original poster will want to come back on and post how they operate the concept.

28798[/snapback]

Thats what we are trying to do: Find a good solution for secure viewing and sharing of video. Dale has indeed good solutions (which cost..) and I am trying to propose something which is under GPL..

you're right secure4.. Should have looked before. Thou good in this is that they did it as I would :lol::lol::lol: ..

njää, seems that they use different software than i would have used, but it seems to be as secure if not better even. Important is that they have that "WATCHDOG" which looks after suspicious activities. I would have used nagios and snort.

the point is........no one should be able to log on and look at kids all day,parents or not.. :realmad: try doing that outside a school and you'd be nicked sharpish...

the principle is wrong in these times..

Archived