Security Installer Community

How too reset!

Guest tuneman

Guest tuneman

Hello,

Ive just bought a nexus 8 alarm panel with 2 pirs and door contacts in the kit, from maplins electronics, and ive installed the sensors (3) and door contacts (1) and 2 remote keypads.

Powered up the alarm, but cant seem to unset thee alarm, so as i can set up thee alarm if this makes sence,

The codes on the panel are flashing :t5. t6. t7. t8, which in the book is tamper alarm.

pt : panel tamper, and finally rr : which says reset required.

Ive used the engineers default codes: and can like go through some of the set up like walk test, but cant seem to enter the unset part as shown in the manual, maybe this is why i cant set the alarm either...

And the bell box flashes one green led,and one red led, which indicates that the alarm is not set

Ive tryed entering the engineer code to set the alarm and get a beep and that is it.. nothing else, the tech help line is 50p per min, So i tho i would post here first and get a better and cheaper reply, if u need any more info then let me know

And thanx for any help and advice on this

Mike

The Nexus has seperate Zone and Tamper circuits for each zone, sounds to me that your not using zones 5,6,7,8, and havnt turned those zones OFF from within the engineers menu.

If you are using the Zones 5,6,7, & 8, but just not using the Tampers for those zones then you will need to put a wire link in place accross the tamper terminals for each zone.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest tuneman

Hi, thanks for the reply, it says in the hand book, that on power up you do not need to link out zones that are not bein used, these zones are programmed out.

At the moment i am not using these zones 5,6,7, or 8

I no this is a long shot, but how do i unset the alarm ? on the keypad there are only 3 buttons to choose from : YES ESCAPE NO

In the engineer menu flow chart, its states that you have to have the system display unset and this is what i cant do or find how to do this, the manual i think is a little confussin for a DIY person..and should be explained better.

It even flashes up on the remote keypad that a reset is required : rr

But before you can do anything you have to have the system unset!

Thanks again

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tuneman

HI,

Thanks for all the advice to every one who gave me a reply that is lol :D

I have now have my alarm up and running fine.. and why i couldnt reset the alarm was that i had not programmed out the zones in the engerneer menu... that were not in use.. lol

Once i did that, it was working fine.

Thanks Mike :D

Archived