Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9427 Control Panel Issue

LouisW

Hi

Perhaps someone has some idea of the problem, that can help. Our alarm went off a few weeks ago, while we were on holiday. The neighbor came in and reset using the PIN - panel showed a red light on zone 2.

We have never then reset the panel, as the kids have been at home all day. Perhaps this was a mistake.

Last night the alarm went off again - this time the panel showed a green light on the top icon - a short dash, with a small "squiggle" above it.

All went off after a while.

Then the control panel sounder activated, this time showing the green padlock icon.

This morning, all is quiet except the panel is now showing the hammer icon - is this a break in sign?

The manual is no help - all I want to do is reset the system and start over!

I have noticed the control box, Scantonic 9448 under the stairs is flashing a green icon - maybe this is just showing it has power?

Any help would be appreciated - especially for all my poor neighbors!!

I would call a professional to disable and quote for replacement, this is a very old, obsolete system.

As you can see it's biggest problem is that any faults are communicated in an obscure way, rather than the plain English

text a replacement system would likely use.

I suspect that at the very least you will need a new system battery.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 1 month later...

Hammer Icon = system Tamper

flashing green light is a Power Fault

The installer manual is easily available via the internet

BUT.. if you don't know or not confident in what you are doing i would suggest you call an engineer to check your system

Just because its old wont mean its not serviceable and  a good engineer will be able to give you sound advice