Security Installer Community

Wireless Security

jkno

Like i said RA, that down to the guy that specced the job

We already have a monitoring software package called Montex, have you looked at it?

As for the hardware and components, that's not the problem, if done correctly the right software will allow a level of protection, its all about design, and from a manufacturers POV i guess that is where our RA comes into effect

nothing to do with the kit.

I've looked at and used Montex and Texebase and need to decide whether I work with them or miss them out completely. I want to step it up a notch combining Email, SMS alert groups via a single service that makes decisions rather than having multiple COM modules performing different or the same decisions.

The simplest options would be to write a simple SMTP interceptor on the application that receives the messages from Texbase but that adds more hops and points of failure into the process. Ideally you would have 1 application that handles the response from the COM module, makes the decision based of the applied rules and send the alerts. That application would also need to be monitored to ensure it's responsive for an event.

A few days late to this.

The state of security on the wireless side is really quite poor for a lot of systems. The big issue is that most of them aren't two way, it causes so many issues.

At this time, I'd only recommended Texecom Ricochet and Pyronix Enforcer.

However, the RF side of things isn't my big worry anymore, it's the signalling and IP side. So many companies are doing this wrong, and badly wrong.

You can divide the manufacturers cleanly down the middle. There's those burying their head in the sand and those that are seeking out best practices.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/