Security Installer Community

Help With Wisdom

sp-

Hi all, I am new to the forum. Apologies in advance if I am posting this in the wrong forum area.

I am looking for a little help with my wireless WisDom security system - I am looking to disarm and permanently disassociate two smoke detectors that are part of the system, and I am unsure how to do this.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

Hi, do you know the engineer code?

I don't off-hand. I will call my local guys who service/maintain the system, but they'll probably be 2 weeks before they can visit me :(

you need to reprogram the panel to remove those devices.

Thanks for replying. Ok, so this isn't necessarily something I'm going to be able to easily do.

The Wisdom has 32 wireless and 1 hardwired zone so it's hardly a case where you want to free up inputs I should imagine. Follow your user instructions to omit the smokies when setting the system (provided the installer has programmed the panel to allow this). However, generally when a Wisdom zone is designated as a smokey it is active whether the system is set or unset. You can try omitting but I doubt that this would accomplish anything near your requirements. My question here would be 'why get rid of smokies ?' but that's your perogative. The smokies need to be re-programmed as 'unused' and only the installer can do this for you... unless of course you terminate the connections inside the smokies themselves (I assume they are closed circuit).. usually they have end of line resistors by the way..Doing so may well invalidate any warranty and/or maintenance contract with your current installation company. 

So, I spend my time on a few paragraphs on the wireless Wisdom, and at the end of it, decide to infer that the smokies are hardwired...Stupid or what ? Thanks for pointing out the mistake as I slowly slink into the nearest corner.