Security Installer Community

Reson8 Siren And Accenta G4 Problems

I'm having a few problems with a new Accenta G4 kit. Everything is wired up but on power up I got a Tamper fault alert on the RKD. I looped all 3 tamper circuits and removed them one by one and it turns out that it's the tamper circuit for the siren that is causing the problem. When I loop it at the panel all is ok. I have wired like this:

STROBE- to STB- (Yellow core)

B- to Trig- (Black core)

A- to Hold Off (Green core)

D+ to Hold Off + (Red core)

T- to RTN- (White core)

I have checked that the lid has pressed down on the tamper switch on the siren- I heard the click and then screwed it up, pressing the lid does not make a click, so I'm pretty sure it's pressed.

When I first power up the siren sounds for 5 seconds and the strobe flashes during this time (jumper is set to test and battery jumper jumper is out). I've checked there's 13v at the Hold Off+ and Trig- and 13v at the Strobe-. This all stops when I enter the default pin and the display shows tamper fault. I have checked the continuity of the white and green core looped together and that's ok. 

If I disconnect from the siren and loop the T- and A- on the panel the siren does not sound on power up but the tamper fault is gone.

First thing is though, I did confuse two cables and ended up connecting the siren cable as a PIR, then I realised my mistake and straightened it out. Maybe I've knacked the siren because of this. I connected the blue/white to relay, black to 0v, red to 13v and green yellow as tamper loop.

The other thing is the siren is on a pebble dash wall, I've been googling and it looks like there's some kind of tamper sensor for the box being removed from the wall. Anyone know how this works? It's got a bit late so I didn't want to wind the neighbours up by testing anymore, My next try is to bring the siren back to the panel and wire it direct and on a flat surface.

Is there anything else I should check? I'm a PBX engineer, so I'm reasonably competent with a meter (I think!!) 

cheers!!

Put it on a bench if it works then your problem is the cable or how your mounting it

If it doesn't work then maybe you shorted something on the bell

Rear switch is just another tamper switch if it has one , you will seen it unless it's the same switch which rests on wall and gets pushed down by the screws or lid on some boxes