Security Installer Community

optima G3 control

Guest mole

:( I have relaced my Moss DIY defunct control box with an Optima G3. I have changed the user code and retained the default engineers code. I have disabled unused zones. Questions

The manual says "ensure that factory wired links are in place" when initially starting up but does not mention when and if to remove them. Surely, the TAMP and Bell box tamps links have to be removed eventually but the RKB and PA links stay in if I am not installing these features?

The Moss bell/strobe box has its own electronics and has a "strobe -" terminal but no "tamp" terminals How do I connect this to the Optima control box.

At the moment, I can set the system and it appears to be OK ie the speaker stops sounding. When I open my front door, the speaker sounds but nothing happens, ie the alarm bell doesn't sound, after the speaker stops sounding.

Can anyone help me please?

What are the terminal markings on the moss bellbox ? it must have tamper terminals although they probably arent labelled as you may expect.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

:) Thanks to those who helped me. I was fooled by the fact that my bell box had its own tamper circuit and no outgoing tamper connections therefore necessitating the need to link the control box tamp connections. Also the fact that zone 1 had been disabled so my "new" control box must have been out to a previous customer and then returned to the shop where I bought it - several of the factory defaults has been changed!. Also bell box had a N/O tamp switch and not a N/C which caused confusion when I tried to disconnect it from the inbuilt circuit and use it with the conrol box tamp.

Archived