Security Installer Community

Anpr Recommendations

JasonOfOz

Hi Everyone,

I have been asked to put together an ANPR solution for a car park but I can't seem to get a list of all the technology providers.

All I seem to find is companies that provide parking control services (i.e. penalty notices)

One of the primary requirements is for individual tenants to be able to log in remotely (ideally via a web portal) to manage the vehicle details for their own staff.

As it's Xmas, the only other wish would the ability to put a maximum number of vehicles per tenant (as they are each allocated a set no. of spaces based on the size of their office)

Failing all of that, can anyone recommend brands/software I should be looking into?

ps. I know Vista / Nedap have systems but not sure if they are any good, so other suggestions would be useful

Thanks in advance

www.videofit.co.uk

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Works really well

• 2 weeks later...

We looked into anpr for a customer at events - so a temp solution that went up and down on tripods or scaff poles for each event.  

In the end, we used pips anpr for the kit and the expertise. Some of the other companies were very stuffy about dealing with something where the client had already purchased their own server and screen, and simply wanted the software, and maybe a camera. (they already had derwent REG cameras). Pips were incredibly helpful.

there are cameras now out there that are direct IP connection at the camera end, so just need to get fed into the network, and some that have all the processing in built, so you just use a web client to view the system.

Don't know how happy I would be though with a camera which also contains the processing kit, and potentially all the plate details, stuck outside.

• 2 weeks later...

No probs

The site we have with it, the customer just vnc's into the anpr pc