Security Installer Community

Galaxy Gd48 Rio Problem

ibruceuk

Hi,

Thanks for all the advice on my previous topic.

I have acquired myself a Galaxy 48 along with an RF Portal and a number of wireless DTs and Door Contacts.

I seem to be having a small problem though.  For some reason the panel won't allow me to enable all 4 of the virtual RIOs for RF devices.  I get an error about max rio count reached even though there is only the RF Portal and the two onboard RIO's.  The 48 should allow 6 in total shouldn't it? (4 external).

Now I don't actually need all 32 wireless zones only 20 but I do need to add a traditional RIO when it arrives from Fleebay and I'm concerned that it won't let me have 3 RF rio's enabled and a normal RIO.

Am I missing something obvious?

cheers in advance!

The error relates to the maximum virtual RIO's per RF portal You can only set 3 (24 devices) virtual RIO's for your portal. If you try to set more than this, then you receive the error.

See this thread for some RF portal info too.

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/34564-galaxy-rf-portal/

Thanks GalaxyGuy

That makes sense now, although it is confusing that the system gives the option for 4 virtual addresses then!  So to use 32 wireless zones you'd need 2 portals?

One other quick question, reading through the manuals am I correct in thinking that on the old RF RIO (C076) you could program buttons on an RF fob to be individual zones (I'm thinking to trigger links for some lighting etc).

Is there any way of doing this on a C079-2 or are fobs just for standard set/unset etc?

Thanks again :)