Security Installer Community

Pyronix Sterling 10 (RELAY VER)

Guest dale

I have recently installed a sterling 10 LCD for a customer but the system keeps going into tamper when you try and set it, in day mode no exclamation marks are showing to suggest anything is wrong its just when you try and set it the alarm condition tamper is shown.

I have short circuited the global tamper so that cannot be causing the fault, I have checked and re-checked the LCD tamper (usually the culprit) and that is not at fault, the only thing left is the bell box. Unfortunately the customers previouse system was a Texecom hence she has a Texecom Odyssey 1 installed, I have connected the bell box up as follows:

Strobe C, Bell C & Bell- = D (0v)

Strobe N/O = S (Negative Applied Output to activate strobe)

Bell N/O = B (Negative applied output to activate siren)

BT = C (Tamp)

Bell+ = A (Permanent Positive Supply)

Im almost certain that the bell box connections are OK, but its the first time I have used the relay version of the Sterling 10 (and probably the last) so not sure if I was right.

Could is be the battery causing the fault? I didnt have a spare one to change it with to check it.

I emailed Pyronix tech support, but they aint responded (not supprising!). And I aint ringing their 50p per minute tech support line! Think I will stick with Texecom!

D

That wiring looks fine to me, but why does the tamper only show when you try to set the system.

Its very baffling that there is no tamper fault reported while the system is un-set.

Looks like getting the meter out and checking the zones and tampers for continuity.

Try a loop of wire between D and C to see if its the bellbox tamper causing the fault.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I had a similar problem a while ago the tamper would only show when setting the system. Turned out to be the panel tamper not sitting fully home, I had to bend the spring a bit more.

However if you have dished all the tampers and looped it out its a new one on me. I presume you are using the dedicated tamper? why not try using a zone and programming it as a tamper to see if it works that way.

Best of luck, let us know the fix if you find it.

Simmo B)

The main lid/global tamper has been looped out, the LCD tamper has been definately pushed home and according to meter the microswitch is working. The Bell Tamper is linked to the neg supply to overide it, but im still getting tamper, think I will have to crash it and start again, and if still probs swap the PCB.

D

Dale,

Try the RKP tamper spring - not the CPU micro switch.

Simmo and I have experienced problems where the tamper spring needs to be stretched a little.

Good Luck

Steve K

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

Rebooted the system from scratch and programmed it up again and it appears to have fixed itself.. still cant work out what the hell had caused it in the first place though!

D

Archived