Security Installer Community

Duplicate Entry On I-On40

NSquirrel

Earlier in the year I installed an I-on40 and two keypads, type KP-01. I had a problem after a month of two whereby the keypads beep indicating 'Duplicate Entry.' I tried replacing the keypads, but this did not resolve the issue. I had thought that it might be caused by line termination. It worked for several months, with one -the furthest away- terminated and the other unterminated, but the 'Duplicate Entry'; has returned. KP1 is located about 1 meter away from the I-on40; KP2 is located about 10 meters away. KP1 is set to address 4; KP2 to address 2. The error occurs whether I try setting or unsetting the I-on40 either manually, by typing in the code, or by using a fob.

The I-on40 has s/w version 4.03.09 and the two keypads are at verison 3.11.

Any suggestions, please?

This is known issue that the 'people' at Cooper didn't communicate.

I nearly lost a very good customer over it, especially as the 2nd keypad was in a rented partition to the system.

It's not the termination, nor the numbers, so put them back to 1 and 2.

You need special corrective firmware for the 40 ending in 'c'

I am not sure if the very latest all-ion version .05 incorporates the fix.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Many thanks, Datadiffusion, for the speedy reply; that helps to know.

This is known issue that the 'people' at Cooper didn't communicate.....

The next question is how to get the s/w update(s) as I found that Cooper Security/ Scantronics do not talk to non-professional installers...

Unfortunately it's the policy of this site not to give out engineer manuals and firmware to end user either - sorry!

I know that will come as a disappointment, and I'm more than aware that these products are freely available to

non trade these days.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands