Security Installer Community

Accenta 8 And Unidentified Sounder Wiring Help

HI

First post here and really shout for help as I've scoured google and without identifying the external sounder I'm a bit stuck.

Since moving into into the house I discovered the alarm system had been disconnected, possible due to a flat internal battery so have picked one up.  I checked all the wiring and discovered the cables to the external sounder have all been removed.  Trouble is I cant work out what should go where !  No guidance I've found online has the right combination.

I've attached a couple of images taken just now and wonder if any of you have experience of this particular sounder, or at least could advise me what the terminology is on the sounder and where the equivalent cables should run to from the control panel.

Accenta 8 Control Panel Connections

24 (Strobe -) Red

T = (SCB) Black

A = (SCB) White

D = (Bell+) Green

B = (Bell -) Blue

External Sounder connections

BT-

ST

TR

TS

ENG

+R

-R

+H

-H

BT+

If you could explain what each one means then that may help me out, or if you can tell me what should go where that would be fantastic !!

Pics attached also.  I'm hoping once I've got this wired up right I'll be able to commission the system, but I'm not holding my breath !!!

Regards

Lee

post-65750-0-13599900-1408079503_thumb.j

post-65750-0-64716700-1408079509_thumb.j

It's an elmdene, yes. A quite old one.

I really would recommend replacement as the batteries in the bellbox are probably shot by now.

For a handful of quids you will also get a manual and the cheapest bells out there are made by the same

people as the Accenta, so it will tell you the exact connections.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

AG6, see here - http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1973

or

Reson8 - http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2474

Both from ADE / honeywell (same as your panel) and both at bargain prices ;)

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands