Security Installer Community

Cheap Van Insurance

sparky83

Just insured a van with a company who only deal with vans, they were the cheapest quote by a long way and even included roadside recovery and free start up at your companies premises if it wont start in the morning and courtesy vehicle if it all goes tits up. They are based in Bristol and called Commercial Vehicle Direct, 0870 751 8185 and quote 8218

Who does everyone else use?

Trade Member

Who does everyone else use?

25031[/snapback]

Not that I want to get this thread around my neck but it depends on your circumstances as to whether you want cheap or reputable. I've had that co. quote for me before and they have always been a good couple of hundred over my usual company who offer a good service and are always there when you need advice, and offer a personal touch.

Phone around for insurance, despite the **** advertising campaigns there is no such thing as 'the cheapest insurance'.

• 2 months later...
Guest IM_Alarms

yeah public liability is the one we all want to get lower, especially as I've never had a claim in 20 odd years of trading yet my premium is £40 a week, with £100 excess ............. Dick turpin would have made a good insuranceman !!!! :no::cry::no:

I always do my public liability through the FSB, they have a group scheme running. Every year I get alternative quotes just in case and they get no where near.

• 1 month later...
Guest alchap10

I've just got myself a van tried commercial vehicle direct. They wanted £150.00 more than my local broker which is A-Plan Insurance in Newbury.

They seem well clued up. There number is 01635 521818.

They weren't the cheapest for my public liabilty though

Archived