Security Installer Community

Security Smoke - a request for input

Hi All,

If you have read any of my previous posts, you may be aware that I work as the head of sales for Concept Smoke Screen.

It is our intention to produce a new range of machines in the very near future and this is a request for some industry input into what would make lives easier for installers.

I am interested in informed and considered opinions (not denigration of existing products of any of the current suppliers).

The sort of things I am looking for is bracket suggestions, cabling options, configuration options etc. etc.

We already have prototypes built (of which I am not going to give away too much at this stage), but these have been built consulting our own engineers and by drawing up our own wish list.

What I am saying is we are not asking you to do our work for us. On the other hand we would not be very responsible if we did not ask the opinion of the people who are likely to install/use/service these machines

As we are passionate about our products, we want to make sure that the people using them are equally as passionate.

I look forward to your responses.

Many thanks,

Matt Gilmartin

Concept Smoke Screen

1-2 North End

Swineshead

Lincolnshire

PE20 3LR

Tel: +44 (0)1205 821 111

Fax: +44 (0)1205 820 316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

From a service point of view, it makes life much easier if the smoke unit can be easily isolated (and in a fool-proof way) to avoid filling the customer's premises with smoke whilst testing / troubleshooting other parts of the system.

23494[/snapback]

Agreed,

Currently we fit isolation keyswitches and stick a warning sticker to the Alarm Panel.

This however does not help the engineer when the customer loses the keys and/or the alarm panel is upgraded without the sticker being replaced.

Thanks,

More of the same please.

M

Head office:

From an install point of view, they are fairly heavy and can be akward to install at height. It would be nice to have an all in one bracket which also housed the connections, enabling the main unit to just slide on and off. (like a big heavy duty molex plug)

Fit the bracket, make all the connections then slide and clip the unit on to it. It would also be nice to have easy access to connections when unit is on the bracket or off. Also a well sealed, plug in or clip together range of tubing and connectors for directional smoke or remote siting.

From a service point of view, have as few screws for access as possible. 1 or 2 screws and moulded clips is much more pleasing :) (like a pc side panel)

From a customers point of view, how about a range of colours and finishes?

Oh, and can you make them a bit smaller? ;)

:)

Brian

If you don't know......ask.

Easier to sell, most people are scared of them and the damage that they could cause.

Pete

23511[/snapback]

With this, changes to the product are not going to ease matters that easily.

What I would say is utilise our sales team on your behalf. All you need to do in theory is sell an appointment with or without a demonstration.

I have a seller in your area (nice guy to boot) who will visit the customers premises with you and do all the selling.

Bear in mind that we come up against all the objections on a daily basis and if we can get the product in front of the customer, we will generally sell it.

E-mail or ring me if you would like to meer the rep.

Regards,

M :D

01205 821 111

info@smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

From an install point of view, they are fairly heavy and can be akward to install at height. It would be nice to have an all in one bracket which also housed the connections, enabling the main unit to just slide on and off. (like a big heavy duty molex plug)

Fit the bracket, make all the connections then slide and clip the unit on to it. It would also be nice to have easy access to connections when unit is on the bracket or off. Also a well sealed, plug in or clip together range of tubing and connectors for directional smoke or remote siting.

From a service point of view, have as few screws for access as possible. 1 or 2 screws and moulded clips is much more pleasing :) (like a pc side panel)

From a customers point of view, how about a range of colours and finishes?

Oh, and can you make them a bit smaller? ;)

:)

Brian

23524[/snapback]

Thanks Brian there are some good ideas in here and I will be passing this on to our factory.

Regards,

M B)

Head office:

Hi Matt

Can you make the smokescreen machines really big and bulky, work on less power with no batteries and fire smoke that leaves residue. also can you not put a lid on the fluid chamber so it evaporates. or is this already copyrighted by the other smoke machine makers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t:

keep up the good work.

smokie :ph34r:

Thanks for reading my posts, however insane they may be.

Just remember, 'Success is Built on Commitment, Hard Work, saying F**K it once in a while and most of all LUCK'. Be Happy

simon@sgssystems.com

SGS Systems Web Site

Guest mr abacus

Smokie and Matt, you are right, by far the best smoke system is Smoke Screen.

I have installed both, and from first hand experience know that a smoke cloak machine, even after just a 40 second fire, left residue all over an office coating pc's and the floor in slop!!! Smoke Screen , the far superior option, certainly does not suffer from this affliction. Add simple installation, compact but powerful machines, and generally just being so much better than smoke cloak, the Smoke Screen machines are the ones to go for. I have no doubt.

Mr Abacus

Archived