Security Installer Community

ADT code

Guest Simba

• 1 month later...
Guest Frustrated

I could not find the manual on that website that was mentioned above. Does any one know another place to find it?

I too have an //.National Installer.// alarm system in my new home that I was not given the code to. I have never had the desire to use the alarm but do like the door and motion features that you can read on the screen.

The other night my wife was cooking and set off the smoke detectors. She pressed the fire button on the alarm, thinking that it may have some link to it. This now set off the //.National Installer.// alarm. She quickly pressed the clear button I think and the //.National Installer.// alrm went away. Thank God my alarm is not hooked up to the Fire Department.

Now that she pressed the Fire button my alarm I think reads FIRE 09 and wont stop, I am told, unless I reset it with the code that I do not have. I called //.National Installer.// and was told that it would run me $90. dollars an hour for a tech to come out and reprogram it. Like I said, I like to be able to see the door and motion alarms on the screen but do not have the alarm armed. I do not think that it is worth $90. dollars. I just want the Fire code to go away as stupid as that sounds.

If I remove power to the unit, will it reset and go back to the way it was or is the Fire code set now?

I mean lets face it, I own this damn thing. //.National Installer.// should confirm my identity and where I live. If I check out, somehow help me over the phone or send me something in the mail. Its my alarm. But I guess that would prevent them from trying to sell me something else I dont want.

What does the Keypad look like, follow this linkAdemco Photo's

open the keypad section.

is there anything here similar. I am guessing that you are not in the uk, have //.National Installer.// given you any info on the panel type. is there any paperwork attached to the panel or in it. Could you take a digital picture of it.

If you can identify the panel we may be able to help, alternatively ask a local installer to look at it for you.

Colin.

Guest Frustrated

Thanks for the info and the link Alarm Guard.

I know that the key pad is a Safeguard Pro Custom 2000. It is a wall mounted device with a flip down door to access the key pad. It just says //.National Installer.// on the door. No other manufacturer name is on it. It looks like nothing I could see in those pictures on the link. The code I have says FIRE 95. I do not have a picture yet of the Key Pad.

I will see what we can find out, but I think we may be struggling as its an american system and we are mainly uk installers. One of the guys who work for //.National Installer.// might help. I have posted this request on another site to see if anyone there can help also.

Colin.

Are you sure its a "SafeGaurd" and not a "Safewatch".

Are there any numbers on the box or keypad?

Where did you get the name from/ do you have any paperwork on or in the panel?

And what part of the world are you in I assumed America?

Any luck with a digital pic of the panel.

Colin.

Guest Frustrated

Hi,

You are correct. I live in North America. I got the info that I posted off of the device. I am working on getting a pic of it.

I really appreciate all the help.

• 2 months later...

place, of mine that has an //.National Installer.// alarm in it. i have a set of digits that were written in in the users manual. can anyone tell me what they are? its like as follows: 1234 5678 9X. can anyone help me?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Frickus

The fact that it is likely to be an old //.National Installer.// panel, does not alter the fact that no alarm company in their right mind would give out their Engineer's code to any customer, regardless of who owns the panel :o ! The reason is obvious to anyone with any knowledge of Security.!!!

Imagine giving the code to someone who then goes ahead and manages to ruin the said alarm company by breaking in easily to systems using the newly obtained knowledge! :( Devastating to any alarm company, not just //.National Installer.// who are the largest!

As explained by one correct entry, your best bet is either get a local company to maintain the system or download and try programming yourself. It really is not difficult once you understand the principles. ;)

Best of luck!

(Service engineer - //.National Installer.// !)

Archived