Security Installer Community

FAI SecurityGuard I Engineer Manual

Guest Perditor

Guest Perditor

Hi Guys,

I purchased an FAI SecurityGuard I Alarm some ten odd years ago now. I have since moved several times and it has just sat in the shed. But now I have just converted my garage into a home theatre and have dug it out of storage, put a brand new battery in and whacked it up on the wall.

I now need to program it, the problem I have is I need an engineer manual. I know from watching the original installation a decade ago that I can adjust sensitivity etc... by pressing combinations of buttons on the radio key, but of course I only ever got the user manual (even though I was never under any contract, I just purchased alarm and installation - and yes I read the engineer manual thread, interesting thread. :-)

I also have another problem, my key is not talking to the alarm anymore. The light flashes on the radio key but it isn't talking to the alarm. I assume there is some process I can do to key the radio key into the alarm unit?

The company who sold me this is not around anymore, I recall it cost me a few grand when I got it, but without a engineer manual I may as well throw it out as I can't use it. That would be a great shame is it will be perfect for protecting my home theatre room.

So any help in pointing me in the right direction to getting an engineer manual will be greatly greatly appreciated.

If I can't get an engineer manual perhaps someone knows how to get my key to work again.

cheers all,

Perditor

Guest Peter James

Sorry as you would already be aware this forum cannot supply engineering manuals.

The best solution would be to post your location, this way someone in your area will be able to help you for a fee.

I realise from your point of view that this is not the ideal solution, but if engineering manuals were easy to get hold of then there would be no point to alarm systems because criminals would know exactly how to defeat them. (Especialy with your panel)

Pete

Guest Perditor

For the sake of me getting to read probably one page in a manual my alarm is operational again, so hearing put your hand in your wallet and pay up is pretty frustrating.

That said, I appreciate your argument.

Its always worth searching before asking....!

A quote from Elbert:

Fai Home Securityguard user manuals are free available at www.security-gadgets.nl, or just apply for one by e-mail: info@security-gadgets.nl.

If you cant find what your after, simply email him.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived