Security Installer Community

smoke cloak

a friend of mine has his own business, doing mainly fire alarms, but he also does security etc, and was asked by a customer about smoke cloak systems, i have only ever seen them on walls in shops etc so dont know much about them so couldnt help him when he rang me up so basically making enquiries on his behalf

thanks

does anyone have any info on smoke cloak systems and how much they cost etc please

thanks

23021[/snapback]

Best thing to do is speak to me I work as the sales manager for Concept Smoke Screen (manufacturers of security smoke generators).

We are currently the UK market leading supplier for this kind of kit.

Matt Gilmartin

Sales Manager (UK)

Concept Smoke Screen

1-2 North End

Swineshead

Lincolnshire

PE20 3LR

Tel: 01205 821 111

www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

You will need a supplier that conforms to the appropriate British Standards

Smokecloak

These are the best IMO and always will be

No problems with no-fires and no explosive aerosols! Also fires on batteries ask the others.... Smokecloak also doesnt need fiddly torx screwdrivers and a box of fiddly replacement screws (I lose them everytime)

The original and the best

I have fitted all of the systems on the market to date. The easiest is still Smokecloak.

If you wish to compare the systems please do, but look at the smoke densities and compare them! Smokecloak are the best at producing thick vapour in the quickest time. Also note that they all state that there is no residue left after firing, the only one that this is correct in all of the sytems i have visited/tested/installed is Smokecloak (provided that it is correctly setup and vented within 1 hour)

Installation time with smokecloak is quick and easily completed with 1 man (except ceiling mounts)

Fluid tastes good too....

James

PS if you dont believe me talk to Paul Dards, visit their offices near Northampton and see for yourself!

Or PM me with your details and I'll pass them on...

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Guest Putus Security Systems

Smokecloak is a very good product.

I met with Paul Dards in Northampton very approachable guy.

I was impressed with the demonstration given, well worth a visit.

Regards

Shawn

Hang on a second, just a minute........

Head office:

hang on..... ah here we go.

Head office:

alarmbloke,Sep 13 2004, 08:29 PM

You will need a supplier that conforms to the appropriate British Standards

We do. In fact we have been independently assessed as demonstrating compliance by the BRE and I will gladly forward you the report. FYI the Building Research Establishment are the U.K.'s (if not the worlds) leading authority on security specifications etc. for premises.

http://www.bre.co.uk/who.jsp

Smokecloak

These are the best IMO and always will be

No problems with no-fires and no explosive aerosols!

Not sure what you are on about here James. Has your deoderant can exploded recently? Perhaps you are refering to aerosols exposed to heat? Have you considered the effect of heat on rechargeable batteries? More to the point have you any idea what sort of heat any aerosols that we employ are exposed to or in fact are tested against being exposed to and the safety precautions that we employ, because I do.

Also fires on batteries ask the others

As do ours. Battery back up is fully available. We do not fit as standard due to the risk of producing wet smoke. Smoke machines universally employ heaters of 1kw or greater (in our case we employ 2.8 Kw heaters with redundancy built in). For this reason backing up circuitry is the only viable option. Backing up the heaters would be akin to backing up a nuclear power plant with a PP3 battery.

.... Smokecloak also doesnt need fiddly torx screwdrivers and a box of fiddly replacement screws (I lose them everytime)

The original

Incorrect. The first use of smoke as a security tool was pioneered by Concept (our parent company) over 35 years ago to protect gold bullion for the bank of England.........check your facts!!!

and the best

IYO not shared by over 12,000 users including Boots (we are the named preferred supplier with over 150 installs to date), Tescos (ditto), Vodafone (ditto) etc etc.

I have fitted all of the systems on the market to date. The easiest is still Smokecloak.

Perhaps you should re-visit our current E-Series models designed by security installers for security installers.

If you wish to compare the systems please do, but look at the smoke densities and compare them! Smokecloak are the best at producing thick vapour in the quickest time.

Again you need to check your facts. The E 1200 fires at a rate of 1200m3 smoke production/minute and utilises Di Propylene Glycol as the smoke substrate. This machine is capable of 1000m3 in the first 20 seconds. The density achieved by DPG is extreme. You may be confusing facts with some of our Glycerine models which are for extremely different applications (where persitancy of smoke is deemed of greater necessity than speed of deployment).

Also note that they all state that there is no residue left after firing, the only one that this is correct in all of the sytems i have visited/tested/installed is Smokecloak (provided that it is correctly setup and vented within 1 hour)

If you would like me to send you the particle sizing proof of our guarantee of non contamination (again independantly assessed, this time by the atomic energy authority http://www.ukaea.org.uk/ ) I would be pleased to. Our machines are regularly used to challenge hepa filters due to the extreme consistency of our particle sizing (Mass Mean Diameter 0.2 microns compared to 2 microns with any other system).

Or Perhaps you would like me to e-mail or post on this forum photographic evidence of the effects of A.N.Other Smoke machine activation in a retail store we got invited to assess. Please bear in mind that we sent an independent assessor widely regarded to be the worlds leading authority on smoke simualtion.

Installation time with smokecloak is quick and easily completed with 1 man (except ceiling mounts)

I agree with you here. Please note the E-Series is designed as a wall or ceiling mount and one man can achieve either on a standard install within a couple of hours (allowing for cabling etc.)

Fluid tastes good too....

Eeerrrm perhaps you should stick to putting it in the machine, that is what it is intended for.

James

PS if you dont believe me talk to Paul Dards, visit their offices near Northampton and see for yourself!

I prefer to rely on independent testing and proof.

I sincerely hope James that you can see from this that your opinions may benefit from an update. I would be pleased to recieve you at our factory or main offices so that I may address any and all of your concerns personally. Our reputation is something that we take extremely seriously and as this is the second time you have seen fit to pass comment on it I feel that some re-dressing of the balance would be of benefit to us both.

P.S. I am glad to see that you toned down your original comments and qualified some of the others.

Kind Regards

Matt Gilmartin :)

Head office:

Archived