Security Installer Community

ADE Accenta Entry/Exit Timers

Guest riston

Guest riston

Hi Guys

I have recently moved to a new house where the previous occupier paid handsomely for an ADE Accenta Mini G3 Alarm System to be installed. Usual case of no operator/engineering manuals, I have today downloaded the appropriate PDF's for both of these, reset the Engineering code etc. The problem is that I wish to fit remote door openers to the garage doors (flash git!!). The garage currently has a twin tech sensor, which I planned to ditch and re-place with contacts on the individual 'up and over' garage doors and to complete the task I planned to place a Remote Keypad in the Garage to arm/disarm as required. No problem I thought, until I have just discovered that the maximum programmable entry time appears to be 30 seconds, although my girlfriend relishes the challenge of opening the door and dis-arming the alarm is 30 seconds, before the siren starts whaling, I'm not so keen!! Is 30 seconds a typical maximum entry time for a modern alarm panel? What's the usual practise for alarm installations in this instance? Do I need a new alarm panel? My girlfriend thinks that she's already fixed the problem, just alarm the garage/house integral door and leave the garage unalarmed. Yeh right, I wonder if she'd be so keen if I started keeping her jewellery boxes in there??

Any thoughts welome.

Regards

Riston. :help:

• 2 weeks later...

The min/max entry/exit time on the G3 panels is 10 to 990 seconds.

When you programme the time`s into the panel dont forget you need to divide by 10, so 30 seconds would be 03, 90 seconds would be 09, 990 seconds would be 99, etc etc.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

• 3 weeks later...

you could always wire garage dualtech via relay thru light on opener.

So when u open door pir is overridden for period light is lit.Not sure of nacoss rules on that though.Works for me though.

tell u how if req :wacko:

Archived