Security Installer Community

Max 3 Readers

Afternoon,

I have a question regarding max3 readers,

i have recently installed one on a galaxy 60, when the system is unset the red led is on 3rd one down- when the alarm is set the top orange (read) Led is on, is this correct? ive set the max3 up to just set and unset the alarm- the fobs are set to 19-ALL SET  and it works fine,

When i installed one on a galaxy 48 the red led 3rd one down is on weather the alarm is set or unset and ive set it up the same works fine is this correct?

the reason ive asked this question is because both are different with the leds

Thanks

Matthew.

I'm not aware that the max les can be controller via the panel (can to some degree on a dcm) and the LEDs are there in the main for when using it in standalone mode not online. How come you haven't assigned the fobs to function 12 - timed set ?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Welcome to tsi. From memory under normal use the red led is on which is just below the top 2 and when you swipe a tag it beeps and the top 2 come on which I believe are green and yellow. When wanting to arm a group rather than grant access through the door hold the fob to the reader until all the lights come on which initiates setting. This does cause issues with customers as they unset the alarm but then hold the fob there which initiates setting again.

At least with ats you have to do a distinctive different pattern which avoids the mistake. Another thing I don't love about max readers is if an alarm group is set, when you swipe to unset it originally reports a access denied to the central station which causes issues.

Arr i see, it just confused me i thought the red light would be on when its set but alls good then, yeah when you present the fob the orange green light come on then all come on, then the alarm begins the set and the light all go out back to red until the alarm sets then the orange one comes on and the red goes out, the 48 is the the same apart from the when the alarm sets the red one comes back on not the orange.

Hi Matthew, Hows it going? thought id use the forum,il change it to timed set, so bascially ignore the LEDS? Matthew
Ask away, the forum has engineers from many alarm companies here with an immense amount of experience on practically every product in the field. Be warned though, they don't like ats much!
Arr i see, it just confused me i thought the red light would be on when its set but alls good then, yeah when you present the fob the orange green light come on then all come on, then the alarm begins the set and the light all go out back to red until the alarm sets then the orange one comes on and the red goes out, the 48 is the the same apart from the when the alarm sets the red one comes back on not the orange.
Max readers do many weird things. When your finished playing put it in the skip and change it to a ras!

Another thing I don't love about max readers is if an alarm group is set, when you swipe to unset it originally reports a access denied to the central station which causes issues.

Hi Matt, Is this the type of event you're talking about when using keyprox or stand-alone MAX: ? 

Opening report. System disarmed.    UNSET USER1

Access lockout. Access denied, known code.      Rejct Car USER1

I agree that this is a totally annoying bug (currently need to filter these out). Ever reported it to Honeywell ?

Archived