Security Installer Community

New upvc windows and cable

Guest Daznsaz

Guest Daznsaz

Hi

I am about to fit my second alarm this weekend for my Father in-law, they have brand new upvc windows, i need to fit a wireless contact plus a wired aux magnetis contact to each window. Is there a reliable way of doing this without using screws and what would be the neatest way of attaching the cable.

Many Thanks in advance.

Hi

I am about to fit my second alarm this weekend for my Father in-law, they have brand new upvc windows, i need to fit a wireless contact plus a wired aux  magnetis contact to each window. Is there a reliable way of doing this without using screws and what would be the neatest way of attaching the cable.

Many Thanks in advance.

20878[/snapback]

check the warranty on the windows before drilling..some co's dont want to know

if you have drilled the windows then they develop a fault(i got my window people to sign a form saying it wont damage them by fitting vipers)if not glue them with a good quality glue..

I prefer self-adhesive, single cable trunking. Available capped or uncapped.

Wether you glue it, seal it, staple it, you will still see it. Trunking gives more professional appearance in my view.

;0)

If you don't know......ask.

Guest Daznsaz
Why are you fitting wireless and wired ?

a wired wire free system...i thought i was a decent engineer as well :no:

20891[/snapback]

It is just a cost cutting measure, most of the windows have two openers, if i used only wireless it doubles the cost of the contacts. I am going to use one wireless on one opener, then via the aux contact use a wired on the other opener. so it costs £28 per window instead of £50.

cheers for the advice so far.

glue seams the best option at the mo.

Archived