Security Installer Community

Alien Dvr Problem

MISHPET

Hi can anybody help we have an alien dvr eco with 4 cameras based at the office, which up until recently we could view on iphone/ipad at home.

Suddenly for no appparent reason i can see all cameras when in the office and when in office we can see from iphone or ipad so long as I change the ip address to match the dvr one but the ip seems to have changed from our static ip address .But at home it says device login failed dvr network connect failed on either ip address.

Am not sure how to rectify this any help would be appreciated

Michelle

yes we are the ip address is 81.136.136.174 which comes up every time you ask whats my ip although the one ip address the dvr has turned itself to is 192.168.1.64. If you type in the 81 address into the computer attached to dvr it cannot find it.

Your wan address will not work locally unless you have set this up in your network. Most routers cannot handle what you want from the internal network. You should use the 192.168.1.64 address when on the local lan and the 81.x.x.x address when remote.

Is the dvr IP address static too, ie the 192.168 address. If that is assigned via DHCP that will affect your port forwards if the address changes. Best way is to use DHCP and reserve the address of the dvr in the dhcp server or use static address in the dvr.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Mmm not sure I didn't set it up and am at home now but the guy that set it up did say we must have a static ip address

I can check in the morning when I go in and get back to you how do I check

Sorry to be a pain

There are 2 different tings here MISHPET

I think you are talking about your external Static IP address, ie your public internet address or WAN address. Im assuming you have that (its your 81.x.x.x address)

You then port forward in your router to your dvr (on the 192.x.x.x address)

But if the dvr is changing its address on the internal network the port forwards will fail as the router will be forwarding to the wrong internal address.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived