Security Installer Community

Nexius 8 Rr Code Help!

Paul38

Hi all,

I stumbled across this forum when trying to make sense of error codes listed on our nexius 8 alarm panel.

I'd appreciate any help. The alarm system was only fitted approx 5 myths ago, but the installer is a nightmare to get hold off let alone arrive when he says he will....

Basically when I put in the arm code and hit 'yes' to set, the panel and keypad makes a continuous beeping sound, and the codes rr and a5 cycle in the display.

After reading the programming guide, I understand rr to be reset required, however the guide only tells you how to give different authorisatiton for either all users or the engineer to be able to conduct a reset. What it does not explain is how to actually conduct a reset.

From reading posts on here I understand it can be conducted by removing the transformer and battery, waiting 5-10 minutes then reconnecting. My first question is if I do this will the entire system require reprogramming again, or will it remember the programmed settings?

The second code is a5, which I assume is zone 5 which is the kitchen pir, however a walk test confirms the pir is working as it should by detecting movement then stopping when the movement stops.

Would a reset hopefully sort out the problems, or could something else be going on?

Many thanks in advance

Paul

According to the user guide, you just put your user code in again to reset after an alarm.

Unless the installer has it on engineer reset (should not be).

If you have engineer access then check option 24 is set to the value of 0 (user reset)

and option 20 is set to the value of 00 (service timer off).

The reset option you mention is not right and won't reset anything.

Do a search for the nexus 8 manual on the lynteck.co.uk site for help

Thanks for the quick reply, when I Put in the code it does clear the error messages, however when I put the code back in to set, the same happens again, panel and keypad beeping and error codes rr and a5 cycling. This happens on both full and part set modes.

I went into the programming mode and can confirm its set on '0' witch is all users reset mode opposed to engineer only which is setting '1'.

Thanks for the link, however I have hard copies of both the installation and programming guide, however neither tell you how to actually conduct the reset.

cheers Paul

Are you using the master code to reset it.

The installer may have only give you a user code?

Don't know if it needs master code to reset.

Read the log to see if you are using the master code.

Try walk test to see if zone 5 is open.

Just guessing as i have not worked on this panel.

If you have the engineer manual then you can reset just the codes if you dare try it.

Thanks for your help

I can only assume I have the engineers code as it lets me into the programming mode and allows me to make changes opposed to an alternative user.

I have tried the walk test on zone 5 and it's behaving exactly as it should.

As a last resort I will try he master reset, but not sure firstly if it will do any good or not and wether it will erase all settings. Although its not much use as it is anyway as I cannot set it in the current mode.

Thanks

Paul

If you read page 22 of engineer manual it will explain how to default the codes only.

(the outside bell should ring while you do this).

Can't see any other options in the engineer menu to stop the reset apart from the reset level and the service timer.

I had thought about that, but would it not run on backup battery power until power is reapplied?

If i disconnect battery as well, then i imagine all memory will be lost and require reprogramming - which might be what it takes, i thought there must be a way to reset the system without a complete reprogram, although maybe not...

cheers

paul

ALL the program is held in memory when down powered.

It will only reset the codes if you do as page 22 says.

A normal power down and restart will keep ALL settings.

Archived