Security Installer Community

more than one detector or contact on a zone ??????

Guest alreid

Guest alreid

Hi, just joined the group and i'm looking for some info.

Is it acceptable to have more than one detector on a zone ????????.

The exact circumstances would actually involve one PIR and one door contact repeated on two separate zones(i.e. one PIR and one contact per zone).

Then would that involve wiring the zone N/C contacts of the 2 devices in series so that either would activate or trigger an alarm ??????????.

Many thanks Al.

Ideally its nice to stick to 1 sensor per zone, and strictly speaking thats what you should try to do.

But previously I have had to wire zones with 2 detectors, but only if they are both in the same area, i.e.Kitchen Pir and Kitchen door.

Sharing a zone with a door contact is acceptable in my books as contacts very rarely false alarm.

I wouldnt suggest it if you were considering 2 pir`s.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest alreid

Thanks for the swift response !!!!!!!!!, was i correct in saying that the two devices would contacts would have to be wired in series rather than in parallel, so that either device being activated would trigger an alarm.

what i would intend would be to cable from the panel to the PIR and terminate power and tamper as normal and then terminate than additional cable from the door contact in series with the PIR zone input, rather than comming the terminations which would mean both devices would have to be activated to trigger an alarm signal.

Yeah your more or less correct in the way you intend wiring them.

2%20detectors.jpg

Excuse the drawing.

You should wire both the Zone and Tampers in series.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest alreid

Thanks very much for the help, i have only previously insatelled an intruder alarm in my own house which is a C+K 800 with a vocaliser.

My background has been with a lot of comms work like voice and data, cat 5E and cat 6 and fibre and tv work and satellite.

But for the past few years i have been involved with fire and security and at present fire alarm commisioning and have also door access and door entry and warden and nurse call, Anytime i can return the favour let me know and i'll try to help you out too,

R's Al

Archived