Security Installer Community

Adding A Garage Zone / Contacts Onto A Texecom Premier

cranep

Morning All, Hoping for some help please, I'm off shopping for some new bits to alarm my garage (onto the current house alarm).

As it stands I've got a Texecom Premier in house and when the garage was built I had all of the cables ran to it so that I could alarm the garage too. the only trouble I'm thinking is that in the winter when I want to drive the car straight into the garage I'd have to walk up the drive to disarm the house alarm to save a trigger. I really dont want to have the garage on a massive delay (just to give me time to park and disarm from house) as it's also give thieves the time if you know what I mean..?!

So my questions really are

1. Can the garage zone be armed / disarmed seperately - maybe with a remote blipper

2. Would you use a 360 degrees sensor or normal PIR / Door contact (it's an up and over door)

2. What would anyone really suggest in this situation ? - Apart from be less lazy !

Your help would really be appreciated, it will make me sound like I've a rough idea when I come to buying the kit.

Thanks again

1. Yes either with a keypad in the garage or with a wireless fob.

2. Depends on the layout. But i wouldnt use a normal pir in a garage. Id use a dualtec and contacts

3. id probably have a keypad in the garage

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived