Security Installer Community

Concept Alarm System

JoeyWillow

Evening gents,

Can i just say thanks for some of the advice ive seen written to people about there concept systems.

I'll explain, Firstly i moved into my home about 18 months ago, alarm system was not working, about 2 weeks ago (from todays date) my home was broken into by some little scumbags. Then the missus was moaning about getting the alarm sorted, so here is the deal.

I looked at the keypad to find all the wires had been cut, checked the pcb to find the fuses and batteries had been taken out and i removed the bellbox to find the tamper switch was taken out and just wired together alson a crack in the bb casing which exposed the small pcb inside.

After 2 days of suffering listening to the missus moaning i decided to give it a go. I rewired the keypad, replaced battery and fuses to a successful attempt UNTIL 3am 3:30am and 5am this morning when a tamper fault set of the alarm, the system worked for 3 days without any faults, until early this morning, wether was wind and rain, ive checked everythink and i know you guys like to keep this stuff to yourselfs, but i have only 1 question if i may,

post-6868-0-10043600-1327684511_thumb.jp

If i linked tamp 7 and 8 together like 1 and 2(zone 2) would this disable the outside tamper?

i have added a photo so u guys could give me maybe a little advice, or even tell me what the model its is, im not sure

but i think its concept 6

Thanks in advance

Hi, It is a Concept,

ADE concept User.pdf

This may be of help if you haven't already got it, It would help if you could try and 'narrow down' the exact cause of the tamper, sounder, pir, contact, keypad or control panel-obviously linking things out willy nilly without knowing will compromise the integrity of your system!.

No it wouldn't. the bell tamper is a different connection, dont know the panel but i followed all the bell wires back from your piccy, and its not part of the global tamper. i would say get a new bell box off of fleabay, if you're certain its faulty.

If someone has already broken into your home just pay the pennies and get someone local to come and have a look at it. It wont cost you much for a new setup if the wirings already done. At least you'll then have someone to moan at when things go wrong.

Not been in the trade side, we can't give details of linking out tampers etc.

Since you have already had a break-in i would recommend you get a local company to look at it for you.

also check what your insurance co require.

Archived