Security Installer Community

Optima Xl6 No Buttons Work

Guest liam

Hello,

I have an Optima XL6 in my new house and it has lights on the power and tamper and a green light behind the keys, but no of the buttons seem to work, i have pressed them down held them down etc but nothing happens is this a common fault, does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help, its much appreciated.

Liam

Hello,

I have an Optima XL6 in my new house and it has lights on the power and tamper and a green light behind the keys, but no of the buttons seem to work, i have pressed them down held them down etc but nothing happens is this a common fault, does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help, its much appreciated.

Liam

There is a tamper fault, this causes the panel to lock out.

This is possibly due to a faulty battery or component/cable fault.

I guess you have not had your alarm serviced in a while, I recommend you do.

Look for NSI/SSAIB approved installers.

is this a common fault, does anyone know how to fix this?

Yes, it usually happens after a lengthy power failure and the backup battery drains down. Open the panel lid, remove one or both of the leads from the backup battery and then power the panel down. Leave it 1 minute and then switch the mains power back on and be ready to enter your code to stop the sounder.

Close the panel lid, press the reset button and you should be good to use the system again. Then you need to get a new battery and replace the faulty one ;)

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

Archived