Security Installer Community

Gardtec 595 Area Setup

Hope someone can clear up my confusion in setting up 2 AREAS on my GArdtec System.

I am setting up Areas on a Gardtec 595 using the LCD RKP. I have happily assigned area 1 or area 2 to each Zone (each zone is assigned to one area only) and also set up a User Area code for Area 2. Now the problem......

When setting the systen using the Area 2 user code the system shows a succesful set on Area 2 but when testing the alarm will only trigger from one zone (Zone 2) and not from any others.

I have contacted RISCO support and they seem to think all is being set up correctly but...............

TO add to my confusion I also tred changing that User to be an Area 1 user and when setting the system with this Area 1 code it always sets Areas 1 AND 2.

Final question the last PIR (Hallway) is set as PART E/E and Bias rather than 12hr. IS there some reason (I cant think of one) it should be set as Bias rather than a normal 12hr zone.

Dazed and Confused!!!

The zones should be,

area 1,

zone type as required eg 12hr or e/e or part ee.

Area = A1

Tag should be Rem+ if allowed to omit OR Rem- if not allowed to omit.

area 2,

zone type as required eg 12hr or e/e or part ee.

Area = A2

Tag should be Rem+ if allowed to omit OR Rem- if not allowed to omit.

Codes should be Area 1 for area 1.

Area 2 for area 2.

Setup the E/E timers for Area1 and Area2.

Setup bell delays and durations for both areas.

Think of each parameter for each area.

Dont forget user 1 master sets ALL areas.

Thanks for the replies but still havent resolved this curios and curiouser problem

CURRENT SETUP IS AS FOLLOWS

AREA 1

2 zones set to A1, 12hr, Rem+

AREA 2

16 Zones all set to A12 (?? Is this right can I set a zone to more than 1 area the panel seems to let you OK ??), 12 hr Rem + with the exception of 1 which is E/E

Bell arms currently set to 0 (dont want to cheese off the neighbours.

System full set currently set to Time Only

System Part set for 1,2 and 3 also set to time only

Using a Master Code sets Areas 1 and 2 (ie a full SET) and alarms are triggered ( I know cos I have vocom on and get alarm notifications)correctly when I test by walking in front of area PIR.

I have also tested all PIRS and all seem to be functioning fine.

Using a master code and then removing Area 1 or 2 (press Yes 1 or YEs 2, during setting) shows correctly a SET on the area but the alarm wont trigger however much I leap around in front of any PIRs

I have also programmed in an AREA user code for Area 2 and again this correctly sets the area after the set time but again I cant get the alarm to trigger

Basically it seems that whenever I set an indivisual area the alarm doesnt get triggered but a full set works hunky dory

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am clearly missing something really obvious here but just can spot it

Is there some parameter to set that will trigger alarms on each areas that I just cant find. Does the Bell delay parameter control how long it takes for an alarm or just the delay for when the bell sounds after an alarm (I always thought it was the latter)

Thanks for the replies but still havent resolved this curios and curiouser problem

CURRENT SETUP IS AS FOLLOWS

AREA 1

2 zones set to A1, 12hr, Rem+

AREA 2

16 Zones all set to A12 (?? Is this right can I set a zone to more than 1 area the panel seems to let you OK ??), 12 hr Rem + with the exception of 1 which is E/E

Bell arms currently set to 0 (dont want to cheese off the neighbours.

System full set currently set to Time Only

System Part set for 1,2 and 3 also set to time only

Using a Master Code sets Areas 1 and 2 (ie a full SET) and alarms are triggered ( I know cos I have vocom on and get alarm notifications)correctly when I test by walking in front of area PIR.

I have also tested all PIRS and all seem to be functioning fine.

Using a master code and then removing Area 1 or 2 (press Yes 1 or YEs 2, during setting) shows correctly a SET on the area but the alarm wont trigger however much I leap around in front of any PIRs

I have also programmed in an AREA user code for Area 2 and again this correctly sets the area after the set time but again I cant get the alarm to trigger

Basically it seems that whenever I set an indivisual area the alarm doesnt get triggered but a full set works hunky dory

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am clearly missing something really obvious here but just can spot it

Is there some parameter to set that will trigger alarms on each areas that I just cant find. Does the Bell delay parameter control how long it takes for an alarm or just the delay for when the bell sounds after an alarm (I always thought it was the latter)

AREA 2 zone need to be A2 only.

Bell delay DELAYS the bell until the time has passed.

EG 10min bell delay then the bells WILL NOT trip for 10 mins.

Make sure the Bell delay AND Bell duration are correct for each area.

I think you have them the wrong way.

THEY MUST BE

BELL DELAY = NIL.

BELL DURATION = 15MIN.

Thanks all for your help, turns out (not sure why) that the answer lay in the set up of the Zone attributes, various zones were set up as "sec", "per" including the lounge PIR that I was using to test for an alarm trip.

Once I cleared out all these zone attributes all is functioning correctly

It's always simple when you find it :):):)

Archived