Security Installer Community

Vesda Laser Compact

connor2425

Anyone had any dealings with these? had my first install today with it but didnt install the normal way.

I had a large void (6m high) of which I had to I had to run the tubing just above the ceiling then at 9 points run a tube up to the roof apex with a inspection holes at the top of each tube. Would this be the correct way to install this system for this type of coverage?

Hope this makes sense!!

Thanks

Anyone had any dealings with these? had my first install today with it but didnt install the normal way.

I had a large void (6m high) of which I had to I had to run the tubing just above the ceiling then at 9 points run a tube up to the roof apex with a inspection holes at the top of each tube. Would this be the correct way to install this system for this type of coverage?

Hope this makes sense!!

Thanks

Hi Connor

Hope this is of some help - Pete

vlc_uk.doc

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

Hope this makes sense!!

Thanks

Not 100% that this would work - when you say you ran a tube up from the main point at 9 intervals was this capillary tubing or did you use T's and the aspirating pipe?

The sampling port if you are protecting horizontally (ie - along a ceiling) should be facing downwards as per Xtralis design guide and T's should generally be avoided unless for branches off main pipe (giving a fork shape layout) or for capillary tubing.

Yes its a folk shape layout facing upwards with the holes at the top to drag the air from the top of the ceiling, the ceiling is totally unaacessable so ive run the pipe up strutts, this is prob the only way to cover it, so hard to explain!

thanks for the help

The hole at the top is a bad idea because of **** dropping into the aspirating pipe - I'd hae put a 90 deg. bend on it with a short length of pipe and a sampling port looking down into the void.

Did you check the design on Aspire to see if it'll work okay?

I recieved the design off the company I installed it for, the hole is on the side of the tube with a end cap on the top.

Would you say this design was ok then?

It's the first time ive used this so just wanted to check the design was correct, good stuff tho

I recieved the design off the company I installed it for, the hole is on the side of the tube with a end cap on the top.

Would you say this design was ok then?

It's the first time ive used this so just wanted to check the design was correct, good stuff tho

This method of vertical install is usual in lift shafts etc, or where stratification can occur in atrium but I suppose there's no reason why not,providing one of the end ones are installed within 500mm of the wall.

Archived