Security Installer Community

Premier 48 Random Rebooting

looops

Hi all. I'm back for more advice. Getting some trouble now.

My Premier 48 panel is randomly rebooting only when connected with Wintex to the ComIP module. At first it reported COM port 2 problems which at the time was connected to a RadioPlus module. I've disconnected that (it's not used).

Now it's rebooting randomly and reporting COM1 errors which is where the ComIP is connected. I have to power off/on with a kickstart to stop it rebooting in a loop.

As previously stated I'm an IT guy and if I had this sort of thing with a PC I might be looking at the power supply. It's a Premier 48 running 3 PIRs, 6 x shocks, 2 x glass break, 2 x keypads, 1 x 8XP expander and a ComIP module. Wintex diagnostics says it's drawing 0.56 amps. Is this too much for the standard PSU?

Thanks for advice.

Paul.

Hi Looops,

Not too much current the 48 has plenty enough to cope with that. Have you told the panel Radioplus is no longer connected? Have you got a backup battery? If so what size and is it new or old? What version of firmware is the panel running, press Menu/4 on the keypad it will tell you.

I assume it works fine when you are not connected via Com IP, have you tried moving the Com IP to Com port 2 does the fault follow the Com IP?

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Hi.

I've taken the RadioPlus out of the COM selection.

The backup battery is about 1yr old. Not sure the a/h rating but will have a look tonight. It seems to hold it's charge OK.

Moving the COM port was my next thought.

I'll update tonight.

cheers,

Paul.

Not quite next day but here's the update and I'm quite concerned.

The panel spontaneously reboots, blaming whatever is on COM1 or COM2, at the moment only the COM IP module. Maybe the COM IP module is faulty? Has it a firmware I can update?

Archived