Security Installer Community

Detector Advice For Scantronic Ion40

andyh747

I've plumped for the hybrid Scantronic ion40 alarm system and am looking for some advice on flush mounted door contacts which are suitable for this panel.

I need to fit these at first fix and therefore have to source these soon. I need a contact for the front door, one for the back and two for the patio doors. I want to flush mount them into the frame which is tricky but will look better when finished.

Anyone got some recommendations on door contacts suitable for this panel or are they all much the same?

Thanks for any advice.

Composite doors - internal wood laminate with a wood effect plastic outer covering.

All brown in colour.

All open in except patio doors which open out.

Not sure how that effects contacts as if they are flush mounted in frame it shouldn't matter which way they open.

You could choose surface, the magnet then would be exposed to rain when left open on outward door leaves, screws rust causing nasty marks on doors.

Be aware modern frames often have metal backing to reinforce, not an issue with decent hole cutter, but will affect the integrity of the insulation offered.

Some DG co's will void your warranty if you drill the structures, so check beforehand, Everest and Abglia amongst them.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

That's why I wanted flush mounted.

No problem with DG company. Have already cleared it with them and am aware of steel reinforcement.

What I need is a recommendation on contact. Are they all similar or are some manufacturers better than others?

Thanks for replies so far.

Much the same if using wired, some have slightly longer screws which is easier to attach resistors to.

Should also also mention, any metal around the contact will suck away the magnetism, might work initially but often fails as the magnet weakens slightly or if the door drops in use.

Many companies fit surface for that reason just to bs safe, might find surface can be mounted inside the profile, even magnet removed from casing, wedged then secured with epoxy resin or silicon sealant if you not to confident ;).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived